illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PermaSat Accounts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
viperone View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viperone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PermaSat Accounts
    Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 00:30
A couple of years back the Devs attempted to fix what we call PermaSat accounts and this attempted fix was a failure.  The issue of permanant sitters with password access has never adequately been addressed or dealt with.  My suggestion, open for discussion follows:

Eliminate sitter accounts entirely as they currently exist.  Allow a 'War' sitter for 12 hour periods only.  A 'War' sitter can only access troop(s) and troop movements and 'war' sitters are only possible if there is an active war declaration in effect on the particular player or players alliance.

For players taking game breaks and vacations create an Inactive Status.  This will allow a player to go Inactive for a period of up to 6 weeks every 12 calendar months.  An 'Inactive Status' account will have a rainbow over it, much the same as a newbie. 'Inactive Status' can be utilized in portions also, but not to exceed a maximum of 6 weeks per year.  Restrictions on going to an 'Inactive Status' would include similar restrictions as in exodus.  A player can not go inactive, for example, if there are inbound troops, blockades, siege encampments, and so forth. If a player exceeds the 'Inactive Status' time frame the rainbow over his/her towns would disappear and the towns are then vulnerable to diplo and military attacks.  

By eliminating PermaSat accounts the advantage of having a huge farm network becomes null and void.  The Devs can also help the game by speeding up the process of inactive accounts disappearing from the game.  If an account is inactive for 90 days following an 'Inactive Status' it should be cleared from the game and the towns should go 'poof'  Currently many inactive accounts just sit around for 6 months or more, occupying valuable illy real estate which could be utilized by new players.
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 07:21
I believe there are different types of permasitting.
  1. an account that's purely created for an allready existing player with 2 accounts that can use the extra account as he pleases
  2. an account that's created by a person that wants to play tournaments/pvp but doesn't like the building, researching, gathering. He gives another player the rights to use the account how he wants as long as there are troops build for when tourny/war comes

I think most agree the first type is a bit cheating, but it's difficult to exclude them and not drive away the 2nd type, and I believe they make the game more fun, as they play with dedication when they do spend time on their account.

So personally I like it the way it is now, which isn't perfect, I agree. I just don't see a way to ban the first type and keep the second.
viperone View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viperone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 10:42
Yes but you have to assume that a player can have 2 accounts....and each account can sit 2 accounts...in essence allowing a player to have 6 accounts under their control without actually multi-accounting
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:11
I support this as being a fairer and more reasonable way to play the game. It is also very similar to other games that are like Illyriad but even more centred on conflict and so there is no reason why warmongers of Illy should not support it - except...if they are selfish and greedy. Cheating ruins good gaming. Lets not see that here. What do all you newbes think? Lets see your views on the forum Clap

Ossian II
Chair of the Good, Fit and Proper Dwarf Players Society (ret'd)  Thumbs Up
(ps The Good, Fit and Proper Dwarf Players  Society at work)
(pps - We are not Trolls Tongue)
Celebrant View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 12:23
My support.Although I think every such post is plunged into dust.

Trivia Tuesday today.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 14:33
I'd prefer the sitter model be like a "vacation".  Vacation days are earned, just like they are at most places of employment.  The number of vacation days can accumulate to a max limit.

Example:

Every 21 unique days of signing into the game equals one sitter day.  This would give a daily player about 17 vacation days a year.  I'd set a max limit of accumulated days in the range from 40 to 50.  Each day the sitter accesses the sit-tee the vacation day is reduced by one.

More commentary:

This game is not one where your city can be attacked and captured within a matter of hours.  Upon System notification of a siege the sitter can access the sitted account and adjust defenses accordingly.  The need for 24-7 access by a sitter is, as mentioned above, to do the heavy lifting (clicking), or to possess an account as a backdoor mechanism to have more than two accounts.

Final commentary:

I don't feel good about the inactive with rainbow status.  Perhaps if it came with a very heavy cost (prestige) and additional requirements (all build and research queues must be empty, no res production during this period).  I'd also advocate for a 7 days "warm up" and "cool down" period to avoid switching this mode on to avoid incoming attacks or to prepare a counter-offensive.  All trade activity is also cancelled. This mode should hurt as much, if not more, than an exodus.
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 15:47
Wouldn't the simplest system be to allow a sitter connect once per day for a limited time e.g. 20 mins? and prevent the sitter from trading or dispatching gold to another player? - an end to gold farms!
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 17:29
It would be nice to have some numbers on the subject. How many accounts are being sat? And how many players (not accounts) are sitting? Are there alliances or regions with more then average sat accounts and the same for sitting accounts? What is the average time the actual player of a sat account is playing the account and what is the average time sitters use? 

When is a sat account a permasat account? The actual player needs to log in at least every 90 days to give sitter rights again, but if he comes on every 30 days, has a look, does some things and then gives it away again does that count as permasat? And every 3 weeks? Every 2? Once a week? Apparently there are people who want others to look after their full acounts, for longer periods. Who should be the judge on calling an account permasat? The people on the forums are most likely the most active players as well, so offcourse we say log in regular to play your own account. Less vocal/active players shouldn't be ignored though.

Without actual numbers we can't really say how many players (not accounts) would be driven away from the game by certain ruleadjustments. Offcourse we can speculate, but we should be carefull with what we wish for. A server without permasats seems great, but it might turn out to become a very empty or even dead server.

Edited by Corwin - 21 Nov 2017 at 17:29
Mafro View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 22:24
Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

I'd prefer the sitter model be like a "vacation".  Vacation days are earned, just like they are at most places of employment.  The number of vacation days can accumulate to a max limit.

Example:

Every 21 unique days of signing into the game equals one sitter day.  This would give a daily player about 17 vacation days a year.  I'd set a max limit of accumulated days in the range from 40 to 50.  Each day the sitter accesses the sit-tee the vacation day is reduced by one.

I really like this idea. Clap
viperone View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viperone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 22:46
I agree that like in exodus all activity needs to be stopped such as research and resource cues.  Caravans need to be home and so forth.  While the earned vacation idea is nice it may be a difficult idea to program.  The 6 week period is a suggestion and can be more or less.  
The 'war sitter' suggestion would only provide access to troops: equipping them, assigning troops and divisions, dispatching them or dodging them, and if sieging capturing or razing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic