illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pay to Win

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sargon View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 23:40
I still think for a free-to-play-player like me the prestige for ingame gold is really cheap, bought 2 scraps from a military minded player today and I feel I got more of it than the seller... As long as the direct military benefit (attack/defence bonus) stays as low as now I think we are decently balanced at least, if not even leaning towards the peaceful builders as Ten is suggesting.
Eresh View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 00:18
I'm really small compared to much of Scarecrow (WRATH) and the average Centrum price for 2 scraps would last me less than a week with my current army upkeep - even less time with the taxes paid to Centrum. So really, it's not like we're supporting a billion troops for a few bucks a week. Players with properly built accounts, perma-sats, gold farms, etc. are gonna support way more troops than a prestige seller will, unless they're taking out a home mortgage to buy Illy gold.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 00:29
It is also worth understanding that using the prestige to build a gold-producing city will have a much more powerful long term effect than selling the prestige for gold.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic