Topic ClosedPaint me a Claim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paint me a Claim
    Posted: 18 May 2012 at 22:28
How about we let alliance leaders 'paint' the map with their 'provisional' claims. It's not as serious as a Sov claim, but it raises awareness for settlers, providing visibility where it's needed.

Potential settlers could then engage the local alliance BEFORE sending settlers, and avoid a lot of messy town-scraping.

p.s. We'd have to defend against them painting the whole map, so perhaps limit it to a number of squares to 20 × their alliance membership count (so that it is only used to claim peripheries), and/or make a gold charge to the Alliance Purse that is 10% of Sov-I cost.
Quackers View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 22:49
http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/10/19/free-for-all-an-inside-look-at-illyriad-games/

" Pathfinding will allow for such things as roadbuilding and deeper strategy. Imagine that you are being attacked by an army and can funnel enemy soldiers into a valley pass for an advantage. (Has anyone seen 300?) The feeling of ownership is also something that is important to the Illyriad crew. In the future, alliances will be able to name the land they are in, giving not only that sense of ownership but a warning to would-be troublemakers. Walls can be built around lands, forcing enemies to be funneled into an area or to siege the walls."

Before any of this, seems like they want to do pathfinding first. But it does seem to be on their list.

Edited by Quackers - 18 May 2012 at 22:49
Garth View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 23:11
Originally posted by Quackers Quackers wrote:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/10/19/free-for-all-an-inside-look-at-illyriad-games/

" Pathfinding will allow for such things as roadbuilding and deeper strategy. Imagine that you are being attacked by an army and can funnel enemy soldiers into a valley pass for an advantage. (Has anyone seen 300?) The feeling of ownership is also something that is important to the Illyriad crew. In the future, alliances will be able to name the land they are in, giving not only that sense of ownership but a warning to would-be troublemakers. Walls can be built around lands, forcing enemies to be funneled into an area or to siege the walls."

Before any of this, seems like they want to do pathfinding first. But it does seem to be on their list.

/me considers buying some Prestige to *grease the development wheel*.
All I want for Christmas is a steadier rate of releases in Illy...
Rorgash View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 17:57
will be nice when it all happens, for now all alliances can do it move and choose areas that already exists like The Dark Star Dominion controls Mal Motsha.

Will be cool when one can take any area, it will also create wars and huge amounts of exoduses. fun times will come within the next 2 years :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic