Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Open Letter to the bloated Alliances attacking SIN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Open Letter to the bloated Alliances attacking SIN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 06:02
Originally posted by Fiona Fiona wrote:

Hey Corwin, man up and tell us who you are so we can settle this on the battlefield. If you won't tell us who you are then perhaps staying away from this post is best.

Maybe we can just skip to the part where you guys handle the Bellicose situation on the battlefield. Forum complaints rarely resolve anything. Smouldering piles of pixels are more decisive.

I would assume that Corwin is this Corwin. He doesn't seem to be hiding anything, unless forum Corwin and game Corwin are different people.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Turgon of Rhavenia View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turgon of Rhavenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 07:16
My bad, shoulda checked ingame.
Hi 10k
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 08:40
I don't see what we need to settle Fiona. I was just asking some question for clarification on your original post. I stated I'm not on any side in your conflict, and even stated that the sindicate treated me better then your adversaries, so I might slightly favour you. I'm not your enemy, it's just my humble opinion that nobody should be forced from the game by other players, but I guess you disagree with me on that subject. No big deal. 
viperone View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote viperone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 03:18
Fascinating how one side claims the high road yet through actions seek to deceive. Take for example the new recruit of LOKI...an establised account of Rashidi located by coincidence in Aindara..this account launches a dogpile siege in coordination with The Roman Empire....diplo attacks also from various LOKI members....this occurs on a new alliance with 9 members under 3 months of current Illyriad playing time... was IRON dishonorable? No, the truth is you will be driven out of the game if you are a perceived threat; or if you chose not to play by the rules they set forth for you. So please stop all the BS, only some will believe the nonsense, and they eventually will see the truth.

Viperone
I dedicate this to AJQ
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 17:40
SIN to my knowledge has only ever noob-ringed spy accounts, such as the SinisterStar account, which was a spy account run by Venita that was planning to use her very built-up account in the SIN land claim to sneak attack us. Scuttling her troops and extricating her from the SIN land claim was not only a price paid for her treachery, but also a necessary tactical move for us to ensure that we couldn't be sieged from close in.

This business with Biff and any role that SIN members has played/are playing in keeping him in an endless loop of respawn is completely foreign to me. SIN has played no official role in any ops against him. I cannot speak for individual SIN members; people in this alliance are big boys and girls, and if they want to use catapults, rams and troops to inflict harm on players that they don't like, then that's their business. For as long as I have led SIN -- and for as long as I continue to lead SIN -- we have never organized operations against a player because "we don't like his face" or he's a troll in gc, and will not. Honestly, I think it's a total waste of military resources, and those of you who do that belittle the strategic merits of siege warfare in Illyriad and reduce it to a social media website with fake catapults. But again, if that's your thing, have at it.

So, with the exception of spy accounts, we have not noob-ringed players. 

Bellicose and his alt were not offered surrender terms, nor to my knowledge did he solicit them during the Grand Alliance's campaign against him in Elgea. However, SIN had opportunity to noob-ring scores of players in the BL during our previous wars and voluntarily chose not to do so, irrespective of whether the players asked for terms or not.

I'm ambivalent on the noob-ringing issue in this case, but the contnued attacks on Bellicose's respawned settlement in the noob ring I think goes way beyond the pale of good sportsmanship in Illyriad.

In the famous western film Unforgiven, William Munny says, "It's a hell of a thing, killin' a man. You take away everything he has, and everything he was ever gonna have." Now, we're not talking about real "killin'" here, but I think the GA effectively took everything that Bellicose had in this game. Continuously razing his respawn is akin to making sure that he loses "everything he was ever gonna have." 

I can't imagine how the noob-ringing doesn't suffice.

Edited by Jejune - 28 Dec 2017 at 17:41

spektor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 23:35
Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

... the SinisterStar account, which was a spy account run by Venita that was planning to use her very built-up account in the SIN land claim to sneak attack us.

False
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 23:52
Spektor, we saw the conversations firsthand, as they were happening. And we have SIN members who were a part of your group who have confirmed it. Maybe you weren't aware, but that doesn't mean that it's false. 

Turgon of Rhavenia View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turgon of Rhavenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 23:54
Originally posted by spektor spektor wrote:

Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

... the SinisterStar account, which was a spy account run by Venita that was planning to use her very built-up account in the SIN land claim to sneak attack us.

False

Oh thank you so much for providing such a reasoned argument, well backed up with evidence as to why this is false. Glad to know there are people like you out there who take pride in thinking out their arguments and supporting them with evidence.
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 02:10
In response to the opening post and for the record: Any player that has dropped out of the warring alliances on the Sindicate side and has stayed out of the war has been left alone. PPP is a SIN policy - not ours. Any player that has asked for terms has got them. The two players in question on the opening post entered directly as noobs to SIN in September (i.e. a returning SIN player) and did not seek terms.
Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stukahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 04:36
Spektor, you were caught spying too under the KingStag account.  

I caught you when I sat your account.

Lucky for you I was a benevolent ruler of the BL at the time and let you escape the wrath of SIN with merely an exodus away from us.

Stukahh
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic