illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Open Letter to RUM and Iron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Open Letter to RUM and Iron
    Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 05:31
Hello,
Many of you know my stance on the attacking of small accounts. I have repeatedly spoken out against it both here in the forums and in game.
For many years, this was the prevailing view across illy, yet now you are repeatedly going after small accounts.
First aileas/ kiandra was razed despite only having 3 towns.
Then Jenny the Unready was attacked despite having a single town and not even being in VAST.
Now Aileas / Kiandra is being attacked once more, despite only having two towns.
So, now I would like to ask you why you feel that such small accounts should be attacked. Please, explain to me the military value found in attacking small accounts because I don't see any.
With all due respect,
-Eowan
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Jamie View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 05:37
http://prntscr.com/m228ri - This is what I get sent for retaliating 

Edited by Jamie - 02 Jan 2019 at 05:38
spektor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 14:31
It seems apparent that many do not understand the sequence of events. So here they are as I understand them.

1. A town was moved, apparently too close between players that already did not care for each other. This was blown out of proportion, as is typical in this game, and a war was started between Rum and Vast. Yay for war!

2. During the confusion that happens at the very beginnings of a war, some Iron players attempted to help out Rum in this conflict. This is to be expected because of the many relations of alts, sitters, and previous alliances of some Iron members. However it was quickly stopped by Iron leadership. To my knowledge no real damage was done.

3. Tcol decided to declare war on Rum because of Iron's involvement.

4. A statement was issued by Iron leadership in GC that if Tcol razed any Rum towns, then Iron would resume attacking Vast.

5. Tcol razed 3 isolated Rum towns in Elgea

6. An "open fire" order was issued in Iron to resume attacking Vast.

Please correct me where I may be wrong, or add additional events.

Edited by spektor - 02 Jan 2019 at 14:32
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 17:58
Step 1 I cannot say for sure, and we could argue step 2 for a long time, but this is overall my understanding as well.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 04:49
My letter does not address the cause of the war, only that small accounts (3 towns and fewer) are being attacked when in previous wars they would have been considered off limits.

If you would like to discuss the causes of the war, I'd suggest mafro's stats post as a better place to do it.
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
spektor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 16:34
From your first post, it did not seem like you knew you were in a war. Players do what they must in a war. Was there some sort of previous agreement upon the terms of war? New accounts can be very valuable assets when used properly, and should not be discouraged from participating in the fun. If you are unable to protect your own members then you should seek an end to the war, or avoid it in the first place.
Jamie View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 21:27
How do we avoid a war we never started in the first place, one of our members laid siege on an abandon ed account which we owned, a RUM member didn't even contact our alliance and decided to also lay siege. While the siege was on going we decided to hit the camp to leave our siege alone. After the camp was hit (owned by purple smurf) We had been attacked multiple times by diplos and we traced them back. Once the results came back, Hellie was found. Vedh occupied a sq with his army which was attacked by wyknot and then Hellie moved her city at that sq the very next day Our alliance leader send Rune a IGM message, rune ignored it so we attacked the city to stop it from building up. We offered peace countless times in GC  but runelord has failed to accept. We decided to defend ourselves against an alliance 3x bigger than us. VAST is seen as the aggressor when in reality we are not. IRON's intervention included blockades and diplo attacks on almost nearly every member daily before the declaration of war
spektor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 21:36
No one owns abandoned accounts. Peace offers usually work better when things are actually offered.
Jamie View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 21:44
"No one owns abandoned accounts" Alliances tend to own abandoned accounts when said account is left. "Peace offers usually work better when things are actually offered." If RUM wants to demand something reasonable then they can go ahead but I doubt they will make an effort.
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 23:28
Let's not be coy here. All the Rum/Iron accounts involved in sparking the conflict are controlled by a single player. That was no mere incident. But the conflict as a whole is so overwhelmingly meh, that I don't want to waste any more words on it. Have fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic