illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNot Exactly Art...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not Exactly Art...
    Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 19:00
But it's something! And I made it, so I figured it could go here. So I recently downloaded a DAW (digital audio workstation) demo and started to fiddle around with it. After about an hour and a half of not really getting anywhere, I decided I needed some kind of theme or sound to work towards. Since illy is a completely silent game, I figured it'd be extremely easy to make music for it, since I currently have no competition. It's better by default. =P The theme is some kind of tribal sound, as I figured that's what Kumala would sound like. It also fits well with the naked dudes from the tourney. 

So far I only have a 30 second loop, which took me about an hour to make. The picture was thrown together in paint in about a minute. =P Anyway, after hearing the same 5-7 seconds loops over and over again over the course of an hour, all I can hear is certain parts of it and I'm not really able to figure out what I need to do next. So that's where you come in. I need suggestions or criticisms. Does anything sound out of place? Do you think it needs something? Keep in mind it's a loop, so it's extremely repetitive nature is known and it's one of the top things I plan to do something about. I'm not sure how long to make it, I figure 2 minutes is a good number to work towards though. Anyway, without further ado:

GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 22:20
Very cool! I like it.

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Rorgash View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 22:48
too pounding, and clear, needs to be softened and well lowered, with some added ambient sound. took me all of 2 sec to get tired and annoyed by it.

Keep working and posting and im sure it will improve :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic