illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New player looking for long-term home

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jayna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New player looking for long-term home
    Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 10:37
I'm new to Illyriad, but have many years of experience playing other MMO's quite successfully. I am looking to join an alliance which has a more warlike/aggressive nature. For me, building a strong army and using them in battle is one of the main elements of a game I find fun.

I am learning huge amounts about the game every day, and so far I like what I see. One worry I have is how long it might take for me to become useful to an alliance. I know there are people who have been playing for several years, and a new player is going to be almost no help whatsoever. I don't want to be watching from the sidelines, month after month... Unhappy - but I am reasonably patient too, and know I cannot become as powerful as I would like within a few days.

Should I be looking to join a smaller, newer, alliance, and try to experience some newbie wars, or is it better to just jump into the big conflicts?

mjc2 View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjc2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 11:16
you are an orc, you should be able to build up quickly enough to be a major player in a major war in a few months, you just need to do it right, as for an alliance, like i said, you are an orc most military alliances will love to have you.  your account looks fairly new(less then 2 days old) so i suggest you say "hi" to people in GC and get to know the different sides, also read up on the illytimes to see some of the politics of the most recent wars(pretty much all major and most minor BL wars have been covered there and if you want a lot of PVP battles it is looking like you should move down to the BL), this should help you decide which alliance to join, but do not join an alliance just for the sake of joining one, you wont need to here, it costs more to farm a smart new player then you can get by raiding them and besides the community will hammer anyone that does try it.  but i suggest you think about which one to join for at least a week.

as for the training alliances, ask them when their next training op is, they do organized wars (with rules so that way everyone can keep growing).  this might actually get you into some battles in a week or 2

Edited by mjc2 - 19 Jan 2016 at 11:18
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 00:42
I recommend GATE, which will lead you into SIN if you are up for it.
Bonfyr Verboo
Ptolemy View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ptolemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 01:44
Gate, and SIN especially are military oriented. For a more balanced game play, check out EE, Eagles Eyrie.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic