FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNeed help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Beau View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 02:46
I am a member of Goonies.  Here is the email conversation that Eoga and I had when this first started.  I am not Goonies leader, as Eoga must have been confused.  Therefore I cannot control the attacks.  The reply does not seem like one coming from a person who wants the attacks to stop.  I have had no further communication with Eoga.

Beau

I believe in doing things right in the first go, not coming back over and over until you finally get a little more than scrap. So when my caravans go out to gather resources I send an small army along to make sure no other caravans bump them away. so sorry if some of your caravans got intercepted before they started gathering.

However, I want you to send out no new attacks. I can't deny that i don't love war just as much as the guy next to me, however farming an village without giving it time to rebuild its forces is just not acceptable with me.

ill let the attacks that are already underway slide, but if you i see any new attacks coming in the next two days, you better keep sending armies after me because if I get a chance to rebuild, i will take revenge on them. You have been warned.

Unlike them however, once I destroyed their forces i will consider the debt they owe me payed.

I will try to avoid any hostile acts against you, but I will not change my ways. so you might want to warn your allies that the area around -272|3 is a hazard zone for gathering resources.

I am sure this will not be the last time we speak,
-Eoga

> ------------------------------------------
> Sent By: Beau
> Received By: Eoga
> Sent: 15JUN10 02:46
> Subject: Attacks
> Message: I thought I would respond to your message to us. The reason we are attacking you is you have attacked our caravans that were harvesting. Bumping a caravan with other caravan's is quite acceptable and is part of the game. But attacking a caravan that is gathering with your army is an aggresive action. Not only do you get the resources, you wipe out a caravan that has to be replaced.

While you may have only done it to one or two of our members, our alliance stands up for its own.

That is the importance of an alliance in this game.

Unfortunately I cannot control how long these attacks will continue.

regards

HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 02:57
Wuzzel may be right...that's a pretty excessive advantage for the dispensers of retribution.  I would, however, judge "enough" not by the damage Eoga has sustained but by the change in his attitude.

I'm not seeing any "turned a new leaf" concessions here, just attempts to downplay his initial and continuing role in provoking Goonies.

If you want attacks to stop, learn a little humility, and dare I say it, consideration for others.  The court of public opinion is not your awaiting champion.

Edited by HonoredMule - 18 Jun 2010 at 02:58
Eoga View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 03:56
Well, at leased there is an interest in all of this. good t see a cry for help gets examined at the very leased. Not many on my side though.

also good to see that goon has started their own propaganda. Perhaps i should have started to count votes. we could make this into an election.

who's fvault is it? that was never my question though. because I never claimed to be innocent in this. although I do believe that the punishment doesn't fit the crime. All I ask for is a few days of peace and quite and you can't get that from thieves by playing nice. someone telling me that they can't tell me when the attacks will stop just means that their people all receive a free pass to loot. Whether they wanted to use it was their own choice.

If they really did not do this for anything other than resources they would have just stopped and waited for me to do something stupid so they can mow me down again. As Wuzzel explained, I am totally outmatches, they should have no problem doing so again.
 -Eoga

Edited by Eoga - 18 Jun 2010 at 03:57
Ryuuku View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 03:57
Just for the record, other alliances not necessarily attacking right now also had problems with Eoga:

Sent By: NameWithheldNotaGoonie
Received By: GoonieNearEoga
Sent: 07JUN10 21:02
Subject: Eoga attacks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi GoonieNearEoga,

your caravan just interrupted me at square -279/7. This is no problem, because we somtimes interrupt each other, this is ok. But regrettably Eoga does not play this game in a fair way. His troops were on their way in that direction, most probably to kill my caravan, now he will hit you.

He already destroyed 2 of my caravans. I destroyed one of his armies in change, But he won't quit. Is he a problem for you and your alliance too?

regards
NameWithheldNotaGoonie

Duke Felirae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 08:53
Actually Wuzzel makes an excellent point. What is the right course of action?

Make Eoga apologize for his rudeness and beg for mercy publicly then leave him to rebuild his town in misery. Provided the chronicles of Illyriad forever record his groveling and failure and this particular story lives on in our memories he'll have been appropriately reprimanded.
His Grace the Duke of Felirae
Wuzzel View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 13:29
So it all started with bumping caravans and killing eachother caravans and armies on a square right?
And then smacktalking occured through mail.
After that Goonies & Numenor started ganking the city of Eoga. (and the alliance of Eoga?)

If Eoga is willing to make an apology?
Goonies and Numenor will stop attacking?

I stand by my opinion that its an overkill.
Way overkill, its like an elephant stepping on a fly.

Shrapnel View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 14:13
While I don't side with Eoga, those Goonies who have posted have not helped their side much.  I don't find those emails all that damning of Eoga, except they do show he has not done much to help himself.  If not for Eoga's own admissions, I could read in those emails that it was actually the Goonies and Numenor that were the aggressors.  I agree that the attacks should stop if Eoga apologizes and promises to stop further actions against these two alliances.
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 14:56
Originally posted by Shrapnel Shrapnel wrote:

I don't find those emails all that damning of Eoga, except they do show he has not done much to help himself.
"I can't deny that i don't love war just as much as the guy next to me"
"but if you i see any new attacks coming in the next two days, you better keep sending armies after me because if I get a chance to rebuild, i will take revenge on them"
"you might want to warn your allies that the area around -272|3 is a hazard zone for gathering resources."

It seems to me like in just that one letter he said how much he loved war, which indicates he would have no problem partaking in one; he goaded them, actually he practically asked them, to keep attacking him saying that if he was allowed the chance to rebuild he would avenge himself; and he sort of declared a whole area of free/shared resource spots to be his and his alone. And that's just one of the letters on display here. 

Not saying what their doing is right, but those letters are very damning of Eoga in my opinion.
Eoga View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 20:57
I was looking for help to protect not to resolve this conflict. However if that is the only help I can get, let me explain my reasons for doing what i did.

I hate it when I send my caravans out to gather resources that they get bumped 5 minutes later, So i send a a few soldiers after them to avoid it from happening. I am sorry for those who came from far and therefor had no time to react on my soldiers, however most of the people came from nearby and just should have payed more attention. aside form the once or twice that my caravans got bumped so fast that even my soldiers had not arrived yet, I never destroyed a caravan my own caravan present at the gathering place.

so yes, I called it a hazard zone. not because I wanted to claim them for myself, but simply for the fact that if you come from far, I might get their first with soldiers present, and I can't be held  responsible for what happens after that.

I tried to surrender to them once, but that did not turn out as I hoped. Since GOON avoided posting that message I will do it instead.

my message of surrender to them:
> Sent By: Eoga
> Received By: LordSabian
> Sent: 14JUN10 15:15
> Subject: to GOON
> Message: LordSabian,

Please give the following message to your alliance members:

Members and allies of GOON,

May I ask why you are doing this to me? I have been keeping myself quiet lately to avoid the same thing you guy did to me the last time I pissed you off. The only thing I have done to you people lately is defend against your thieves and spies. (yes, I know where they came from.)

or are you people still hung up on the fact I attacked you once? if so, you people don't quickly forget anything do you? Like I said back then, I just did it to make a statement, if you attack me, I attack back. But since that time I haven't done anything to you, even though you came at me time and time again.

I am not sure if you realized this already, but my small attack that rewarded me with almost 1000 stone has already been payed back over a 100 times.

I have already offered you people my surrender once, even though you where unable to break trough my defenses, but you people never seemed to want to reply. So here I am offering it you once more.

I surrender, state your demands and lets end this so we can both move on.
- Eoga
------

the reponds I got:
> Sent By: LordSabian
> Sent: 14JUN10 23:31
> Subject: Re: to GOON
> Message: I have delivered the message on to the alliance.

And I believe this lot of attacks started because Porthos noticed armies attacking his caravans and then disappearing into your city. Just so you know.

I'm sure a leader of the alliance will sort something out soon.
-------

and then I got this messgae form Beau:
> Sent By: Beau
> Sent: 15JUN10 02:46
> Subject: Attacks
> Message: I thought I would respond to your message to us. The reason we are attacking you is you have attacked our caravans that were harvesting. Bumping a caravan with other caravan's is quite acceptable and is part of the game. But attacking a caravan that is gathering with your army is an aggresive action. Not only do you get the resources, you wipe out a caravan that has to be replaced.

While you may have only done it to one or two of our members, our alliance stands up for its own.

That is the importance of an alliance in this game.

Unfortunately I cannot control how long these attacks will continue.

regards
-----

So when I got a message from who I was let to believe was a lreader of GOON saying that he could not control how long the attacks would last, I treathened them. what else was I supposed to do? from my point of view he gave them an all acces pass to my resources and let everyone decide on their own when it was time to back off. I doubted treathening them would work but it was all I got do at that point to try and resolve this.
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 23:36
You were looking for protection from strangers? Wow. My offer still stands to mediate a peaceful resolution to this conflict.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic