illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNeed help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Eoga View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help!
    Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 04:09
I made a great mistake of pissing off an alliance, and now they won't leave me alone.

they claim this is all about me destroying one of their caravans. can you believe it? I thought I had a right to protect them, guess I was wrong. We have been going at it before, even though I was limited to defense against their superior number back then my defenses held. back then it all started about an equally small reason, the right to scout nearby cities. I thought I had a right to know who was I needed to look out for, guess I was wrong.

not that I blame them for reacting this way. I might have send a few aggressive messages telling them that I would not tolerate their action. I might even have threatened them to attack. so I understand my fault in all this.

yet I still need help. The Goonies and some allies are constantly at my gate. this has been going one for almost 3 days now. with an attack almost every hour, I can't build soldiers because they will get destroyed by the time the next one arrives. I can rarely build building because I rarely have any resources in stock. I am stuck.

This this was probably all my fault and I wanted to wait it out, but now they target my ally and sister. she is a new player with no fault of this and no means to defend herself. that was my job until she had the strength to stand on her own, but now even I cant protect myself, let alone her.

Since I did provoke them I don't expect you to sympathize, however if you love a good fight, my city and hers are two great places to get some, there is no shortage at enemies at either of our gates.

please help me and my sister, please help Bro's in battle [BiB] we just need a few days of peace so i can rebuild my defense and protect us both. I have made some mistakes, but I don't think they deserve to be punished with this, and I don't think my friend deserves the same fate for my actions.

if you want t fight, send a message to me, Eoga.

GOON is my enemy, if you have stakes against this I would like to ask you to stay out of it. I just want to protect, not destroy.
 -Eoga

Edited by Eoga - 17 Jun 2010 at 04:13
Duke Felirae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 08:17
You aggravated an alliance that superior to your own? LOL

Part of being a leader is knowing when to back down, you obviously didn't and now your suffering the consequences. [Wld] might have helped you for the right price, but [GOON] is a lot bigger then us, so I'm not touching this one with a 10 foot pole. Have fun.
His Grace the Duke of Felirae
Soulstealer View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 17:19
eventually  enough is enoughOuch after a certain point it stops being about retrubution and starts being that goon is a bunch of asses that granted could probably kick my ass i recommend groveling
ivyleaves View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 18:07
Suggestion, before calling names, consider that there are 2 sides to every story. You have only seen one side.
Shrapnel View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 19:34
Got enough for a 2nd city yet?  You could always abandon your cap, move far away, and hope they don't want to travel very far to attack you.
Eoga View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 19:50
Thank you all for your replies and ideas, however it is not what i am looking for.

I have a second city, build it just before the attacks started. it is very close to my first and it has even less luck than my original one considering it doesn't have a vault yet to protect even a little bit of its resources.

I tried groveling, yet somehow I always end up threating them in the end. guess when their leader told me he could not control how long these attacks would last kind of pissed me off.

I have already spoken to some of its members and allies, the fact of their shear numbers of attacks is being carefully ignored by them as they still their guilt with stories about how I deserve all of this.

I am sure many of them mean no real harm other than giving me what I deserve. But I ma just as sure that they are being overruled by a bunch of greedy thieves who just wanted an excuse for war against a moderately big player with no real allies to back him up.

anyway, i am not really looking for a reason, I am just looking for a chance, a chance for me to start building again anytime soon.
 -Eoga

ps. I have a lot f gold, since that doesn't seem to be a resource they can take from me will pillaging my cities. so if you want to get payed, name your price and what you can do for me.

Edited by Eoga - 17 Jun 2010 at 19:53
Sherpa View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 20:00

Ivyleaves is correct; there is indeed two sides to every story.  Now for a third party view of the on-going struggle:

While Eoga is now playing the victim, I can assure anyone who is taking an interest in these developments that was not the initial case.  As an ally of GOON, I was informed of Eoga’s actions and sent him a personal message asking for an explanation of his actions (i.e. attacks, blockading resources, destroying caravans, ect.).  I experienced his aggression first hand in a series of messages that are far too long to list here, however below are a few highlights:

Sent By:

Eoga

Received By:

Sherpa

Sent:

28MAY10 02:05

Subject:

Re: Re: Re: Your Hostile Actions

Yes I ran and with good reason. Did you know there are 2 more inbound enemy forces? One of them is from those allies you so desperately try to protect.

I never spoke about honor, and running seemed like the smart thing to do. However victory will be mine. I only want to fight the idiots that started all this. Those they called in because these fool where to weak to finish what they started are of no concern to me.

Perhaps next time i will give you a decent fight. However first i have to deal with the ones who truly deserve it.

I understand that you only try to protect them against their own stupidity, and there I have no grudge against you as of yet. I do not want to fight you, but next time you come, even you and your allies are not save from me. even if it will take a while before I can do anything.

If you insist on fighting me, remember this when I finally have the strength to crush your cities into dust. I did not start anything, I did not start the fight with goon, nor did I want to start a war with you. However I will defend myself even if that means attacking an other.

Remember this,
- Eoga

> ------------------------------------------
> Sent By: Sherpa
> Received By: Eoga
> Sent: 28MAY10 01:37
> Subject: Re: Re: Your Hostile Actions
> Message: I came. You ran. You said you would send my allies a message in my soildier's blood... All you left was a few spearmen? You must have been terrified of losing your entire army, rightfully so. If you wish to spill blood, Sparta will always welcome your troops as lambs to the slaughter.

You may speak about victory and honor when you have earned it, which you have not.

The war shall continue...
> Sent By: Eoga
> Received By: Sherpa
> Sent: 27MAY10 15:43
> Subject: Re: Your Hostile Actions
> Message: Sherpa,

you have been misguided by your own allies. I am not the hostile nation they made me out to be. I attacked once, and only once. Which was in reply to their attack on my capital. I had to make a statement that I was not to be messed with or else I feared more would come.

However I still invite you to come at me with all your might. Even if it is just so I can crush your forces and send your allies a message in your fallen soldiers blood, maybe then they will understand that attacking me is futile and only death awaits those who do.

Show me what you got, and let us settle this matter once and for all.

Kind regards,
- Eoga

> Sent By: Sherpa
> Received By: Eoga
> Sent: 27MAY10 15:23
> Subject: Your Hostile Actions
> Message:
Eoga,

You threatened my Ally, the Alliance of GOON. I have been made aware of these threats, and your attacks. As a result, my spies, scouts, thiefs, and sabatours have been dispatched to your city. My mages have cast spells crippling your economy. Additionally, my army marches toward your gates. Consider this honorable advance notice a sign of our benevolence.

This is the price those who threaten NUME's allies pay. If you continue your threats and aggressive behavior it will be met with force 10 fold what you use. Please be aware this is not a threat, but rather a promise set firm in action. If you end your hostile actions and formally apologize to Lady Faya of GOON, I will consider a cease fire.

I await your response.

-Sherpa, King of NUME

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

As you can see, it was indeed Eoga that invited the hostilities by his actions and words.  He was given several chances to end the war, at each turn, Eoga threatened further hostilities.  What choice does an Alliance have when faced with such blind aggression?

While his commitment to not surrender was admirable, terms for a ceasefire were offered several times by both GOON and NUME, rejected by Eoga until he realized he could not win.

For those of you thinking: is enough, enough?  Of course.  GOON and NUME will cease attacks eventually; however the pleading of a beaten enemy who was once so arrogant is hard to hear after such a short time.  Perhaps after enough blood is spilled, Eoga’s threats for eternal retribution can be cast aside.  Until then consider Eoga’s plea for help for what it is:  the last efforts of an unpredictably aggressive and arrogant player desperate to settle a score he could not pay.

If you wish to hear more of this intricate saga, you are welcome to join me in my mead halls for foam and feasting.

Strength and Honor,

Sherpa, King of NUME

Shrapnel View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 21:18
Um, Eoga, better just take your lumps until they decide you've had enough.  Be happy they don't seem to desire to lay siege to your town and destroy it.
Duke Felirae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 22:43
Eoga the Gravedigger you've dug your own grave. I might be able to help you find a peaceful resolution, but it'll cost you.
His Grace the Duke of Felirae
Wuzzel View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 02:25
I just looked at the numbers:

17     Goonies     GOON     26APR10     20     21354
19     Numenor     NUME     26APR10     36     19813

vs

72     Bro's in Battle     BiB     16JUN10     2     856

Thats 41k pop alliance and 56 people against 856 pop and 2 people?

Damn isnt this overkill people?
I kinda feel sad looking at the numbers here.

Maybe he pissed the other 2 alliances off.
You attacked him for 3 days straight.

Maybe he had enough punishment?

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Wuzzel - 18 Jun 2010 at 02:37
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic