Just saying "no" don't make it so...

Sharp Clap
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 22:33
Originally posted by Halcyon Halcyon wrote:

Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

I don't get it. You want to end the war but will add to it if ~NC~ doesn't do as you demand? You could just as easily have said "If BANE doesn't surrender and accept ~NC~'s terms...blah, blah, blah" but you like Malek so, this thread.

What's up with this veiled threat: "As things stand and if NC continue recruiting members from other alliances, this needless, endless war will expand until we may have a 2nd world war on our ends."? By "As things stand and if..." I am guessing (since you aren't really clear about much of this) that Dark will declare against ~NC~ just because, regardless of whether they stop recruiting or not.

Since you opened this thread, here's my opinion: I think you should either do it or don't but knock off the theatrics because no one who has any interest in this will be swayed one way or the other by this thread.

1. I don't demand anything of NC but peace.
2. I'm not threatening and am not planning to declare on NC. They should simply stop recruiting from other alliances and if they are bent on winning this war, let them win it as they started it: by themselves.
3. I'm trying the sway only those not already swayed. So you, who already sent players to join NC and support their war, are certainly not my audience. 

Ok, so from what I can gleen out of your post:

1. Your demand is more like a wish, since you won't be doing anything to back up said demand.

2. Your opinion is that ~NC~ shouldn't recruit during wartime and I will assume you feel the same about BANE.

3. This is not a thread for anyone in either alliance or any alliance with any connections to either. This is a thread for bystanders, for swaying the oh so important court of public opinion because we all know ~NC~ and her members give more than a hoot about that.

Does that about sum it up?

Bonfyr Verboo
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 22:46

Rhetoric aside, if you don't wish to see the war escalate, stay out of it. If you continue to take part in it, even as a propagandist, you are enabling the escalation.

No, you who are adding combatants to the war from your alliance, are enabling the escalation.

Just saying "no" don't make it so...

Sharp Clap

Then you agree you are enabling an escalation?
Bonfyr Verboo
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 23:19
Based on your own post, Bane has added 16 people and NC has added 12.  

Thus Bane is actually doing more recruiting from outside the war than NC.  Guess you should have made this declaration against Bane rather than against NC.  Or you know sit back and watch what was before a pretty simple war between two parties.  

Though just for the future can we call this the 'baneling war', then we can make a cool picture/poster with banelings from SC II :D   
Tamaeon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 23:44

There were questions asked about Dark's interest in The war between NC and Bane.
The main interest for us is that Malek is my personal friend and a long time friend to Dark.

I recently made a plea to NC leaders to end the war. my reasoning was that with their own members they do not have the power to beat Bane to submission. This war is ongoing for 3 months and no end is in sight.
I made NC 2 offers:
1) End the war and if you are interested in more action, come against Dark in a war of walls or a more total war and bring some of your friends (some, not all, mind you).
2) Have all the members that were not originally in the war leave the war and NC and Bane continue to slug it out between themselves.

NC rejected both my offers.
As things stand and if NC continue recruiting members from other alliances, this needless, endless war will expand until we may have a 2nd world war on our ends.

I call upon NC again to accept peace without terms.
If they reject my offer again, I call on all players out of the war to remain out and not expand this senseless war of attrition.

Halcyon for Dark.

Its not my intention defend Halcyon's remarks; but I can't help but notice, that he merely called for an end to the war. So far most replies appear to be focused on "escalation" and have paid no mind to DARK's call for peace.
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 00:11
I do believe KP coined the perfect Name-- The Banal War...
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 00:29
I remember seeing SB state in GC that he had offered terms but they were rejected.   There are always two sides to the story but what  most players have seen in GC is the spin by BANE and DARK.   If BANE wants peace they should be talking directly to NC and negotiate terms; everyone else needs to stay out of it.    It is the usual procedure for procuring peace at the end of a war, the side winning sets the terms for peace.    

I'm not sure why a Mercenary Alliance that is paid to fight needs to have confeds.   Did it ever occur to you that confeding with a warring alliance might be construed as statement of support with the intention to escalate the war?    If you have read GC in the past few days, it is belief voiced by many who thought DARK was going to escalate the war.     While I'm happy to see you are encouraging everyone to stay out of it, I believe you should be a bit more transparent with the facts.
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 01:50
i'm not sure what the intent of the OP was; if a war is going to go on for 3+ months, it seems unreasonable to ask the involved parties to refrain from recruiting.  also, it's worth considering that the participants that have joined from other alliances may be only temporarily on one side or the other, and that their participation as individuals is, in fact, keeping them from agitating their respective alliances to join the conflict...thus keeping the war from escalating.

Originally posted by Starry Starry wrote:

I remember seeing SB state in GC that he had offered terms but they were rejected.   There are always two sides to the story but what  most players have seen in GC is the spin by BANE and DARK.
this seems quite prejudicial.  why assume that SB's statement in GC is not itself spin?  or is NC just better at it?  ;)

i remember all of this being about an NS player "surrounded" by BANE sov, but as BANE thereafter removed the offending sov, it seems clear there is more going on than that.  i am long resigned that NC fights when and whom it wants to.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 02:54
If I only had a 3:2 advantage over NC, I'd probably recruit heavily, too.

Jokes aside, the call for peace seems reasonable. However, I find it quite curious that BANE isn't speaking for itself. Is there a reason why most of its PR in chat and the forums is conducted by friendly third parties, or by players who deserted BANE? Malek and Sir Bradly are big boys, and I was under the impression that they are quite capable of articulating their positions on their own.

I also find it unusual that Halcyon has neglected to point out that Insanity Inc. spontaneously joined the conflict on BANE's side, adding a huge infusion of players, troops and population. It seems rather unreasonable to ask NC to refrain from recruiting their own friends to fight, given that their recruiting obviously happened twice in response to BANE's recruitment.

If you wish to limit participation in their war, perhaps all the Insanity Inc. players should leave BANE, and NC's allies can return to their home alliances. Then BANE and NC can settle things on the original military terms, as you have already proposed. I seriously doubt that either side will agree to return their powerful allies to the sidelines. As Angrim points out, NC isn't squeamish about warfare, and it was my longstanding impression that BANE wasn't either.

I would point out that debating the trigger event is rather academic. I seriously doubt this war is only about some sov claims in the newb ring, any more than the last major war was only about a Trove mine. There were lots of escalation points at which either side could have diffused the situation, and they both voluntarily chose to continue fighting.

I say let them settle it themselves.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic