Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNC

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Vanerin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Avatar

Joined: 05 Oct 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 418
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 04:29
Thank you for the post Kumo. I think I understand a little better now. Though there is still in my mind the contradiction of "Consone not policing itself well enough" and your confederation being excluded from that principle.

Quote
I would encourage everyone to get to know Sir Bradly and the folks in NC... Not only do they have a very strong sense of honor, they are also really nice people!

While I have no doubt that the people in NC are nice, the majority of my experience with the characters that they play has been verbal hostility and diplomatic coldness.* Confused Though I would be glad to be proven wrong here.

~Vanerin

*To be fair, Sir Bradly does at times share helpful info in gc.
Back to Top
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General


Joined: 19 Oct 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 2224
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 06:18
That's a very fair point, Vanerin...

The really huge point is that Consone had a combined population that was server controlling and absolutely massive (larger than the Crowalition or the H? Coalition) and NC has a tiny population in relation...

So... it's kind of like the difference between watching your 2 year old clear their play table of blocks and a megalition potentially smash hundreds of cities... (bad analogy, I know, but I have a 2 year old, so I see the violence of the blocks regularly!)

But I would highly recommend you get to know them more, as they are really nice, good folks!

Back to Top
Tamaeon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Location: Centrum
Status: Offline
Points: 152
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 07:09
Originally posted by Sir Bradly Sir Bradly wrote:

Originally posted by Halcyon Halcyon wrote:

"NC decalred on Bane for some made up reason."
Hal, this is completely false.  Bane was extremely aggressive claiming sov on adjacent tiles next to a trainee in The Night Squires.  When said player was asked to remove the sov, he was rude and decided to claim more.  Malek finally got involved and assured me the claims would be removed.  The claims were level 1 and level 2 claims.  8 days later they were still there.  NC declared war on Bane to protect NS from their aggression.

Actually the BANE player had been in the area for months and had claimed sovereignty long before the NS player (Jack_Ketch) spawned there. In fact, the day NC declared on BANE... Jack_Ketch had a whopping 112 population! Which basically means he was literally weeks away from even researching sovereignty!! LOL

Your argument is further weakened by the fact that no established player in their right mind, would EVER cede sovereignty to a player who spawns next to his/her city. Typical procedure is to politely inform the player that he's better off moving elsewhere.

Malek was very nice in caving to your demand; and asking a member of his alliance to cede sovereignty to a noob. How many people out there would even entertain such a request?

The facts (and your words) speak for themselves. The aggressor in this case was NC.


Originally posted by Sir Bradly Sir Bradly wrote:

Originally posted by Halcyon Halcyon wrote:

NC continued their aggression against Celtic Knights.
RE diplomats asked us for help.  I have a mail from Ajeka to his alliance stating they were going to wipe out RE.  RE was 240,000 vs xCKx which had over 2 million population.  I have offered peace to xCKx numerous times.  However they are not interested.  Our goal was to stop hostilities against RE.  It worked.  NC has no ill will towards xCKx and would happily sign a peace deal.  But, the other side appears to not be interested.

Interesting that you would mention the mail Ajeka sent to his alliance. A message which you acquired either directly or indirectly, through shady means. This is especially ironic if you consider that the main reason xCKx declared on RE, was outrage over the fact that RE was spying on them!

If your goal really was end hostilities... why didn't you negotiate an end to the conflict, instead of declaring war on xCKx and involving your alliance in the war? I'm sure the threat of force alone, would have been enough to get xCKx to accept peace.

Once again, the facts speak for themselves.


Originally posted by Sir Bradly Sir Bradly wrote:

Originally posted by Halcyon Halcyon wrote:

It was clear that NC was never going to stop without someone stopping them.
You are right, NC will not stop defending NS or other small alliances

LMFAO!! Beer


Originally posted by Sir Bradly Sir Bradly wrote:

If anyone in the community has questions, feel free to send me an igm.  

Why not continue to argue your case right here?

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned."
Back to Top
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 597
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 08:49
Originally posted by Tamaeon Tamaeon wrote:

Originally posted by Sir Bradly Sir Bradly wrote:

Originally posted by Halcyon Halcyon wrote:

"NC decalred on Bane for some made up reason."
Hal, this is completely false.  Bane was extremely aggressive claiming sov on adjacent tiles next to a trainee in The Night Squires.  When said player was asked to remove the sov, he was rude and decided to claim more.  Malek finally got involved and assured me the claims would be removed.  The claims were level 1 and level 2 claims.  8 days later they were still there.  NC declared war on Bane to protect NS from their aggression.

Actually the BANE player had been in the area for months and had claimed sovereignty long before the NS player (Jack_Ketch) spawned there. In fact, the day NC declared on BANE... Jack_Ketch had a whopping 112 population! Which basically means he was literally weeks away from even researching sovereignty!! LOL

Your argument is further weakened by the fact that no established player in their right mind, would EVER cede sovereignty to a player who spawns next to his/her city. Typical procedure is to politely inform the player that he's better off moving elsewhere.

Malek was very nice in caving to your demand; and asking a member of his alliance to cede sovereignty to a noob. How many people out there would even entertain such a request?

The facts (and your words) speak for themselves. The aggressor in this case was NC.


Originally posted by Sir Bradly Sir Bradly wrote:

Originally posted by Halcyon Halcyon wrote:

NC continued their aggression against Celtic Knights.
RE diplomats asked us for help.  I have a mail from Ajeka to his alliance stating they were going to wipe out RE.  RE was 240,000 vs xCKx which had over 2 million population.  I have offered peace to xCKx numerous times.  However they are not interested.  Our goal was to stop hostilities against RE.  It worked.  NC has no ill will towards xCKx and would happily sign a peace deal.  But, the other side appears to not be interested.

Interesting that you would mention the mail Ajeka sent to his alliance. A message which you acquired either directly or indirectly, through shady means. This is especially ironic if you consider that the main reason xCKx declared on RE, was outrage over the fact that RE was spying on them!

If your goal really was end hostilities... why didn't you negotiate an end to the conflict, instead of declaring war on xCKx and involving your alliance in the war? I'm sure the threat of force alone, would have been enough to get xCKx to accept peace.

Once again, the facts speak for themselves.


Originally posted by Sir Bradly Sir Bradly wrote:

Originally posted by Halcyon Halcyon wrote:

It was clear that NC was never going to stop without someone stopping them.
You are right, NC will not stop defending NS or other small alliances

LMFAO!! Beer


Originally posted by Sir Bradly Sir Bradly wrote:

If anyone in the community has questions, feel free to send me an igm.  

Why not continue to argue your case right here?


If you bothered to read the initial post in this thread you would actually realize that this thread is not here to argue a point but list facts. Go troll the other threads for opinions. Please folks, lets keep it to facts.
Kaggen is my human half
Back to Top
Spheniscidae View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Avatar

Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 117
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 09:34
Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

Seems a lot of people have issues with the tiny little pitbulls. My perception is a bunch of players playing a war game and then getting complaints about them playing a war game. Perhaps some clear facts laid out here would help. As far as I recall NC only ever declared wars on equal sized or larger alliances (My memory may be a bit hazy due to working in the field so much lately). How this makes them bullies is above me. Their methods of diplomacy are also different to what others view as correct but this does not make them bad. I myself tend to resort to launch first and then talk. Now if someone has facts, and not opinions, just list them here and then everyone can make their own decisions.

OP, colour coded for facts (which may or may not be accurate), opinions, and filler.
I see more red than green...
Back to Top
Tamaeon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Location: Centrum
Status: Offline
Points: 152
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 09:49
Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

If you bothered to read the initial post in this thread you would actually realize that this thread is not here to argue a point but list facts. Go troll the other threads for opinions. Please folks, lets keep it to facts.

Feel free to correct me, if I said anything that is either false or incorrect.


Also... I really don't want to argue semantics here, but if you open a thread with this...
Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

"Seems a lot of people have issues with the tiny little pitbulls. My perception is..."
you are obviously inviting an open discussion by expressing an opinion.


That said; I would love to have a factual discussion, and am eager to read your retort!



Edited by Tamaeon - 07 Nov 2013 at 11:32
"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned."
Back to Top
Sir Bradly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 228
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 14:45
I have no need to argue.  I stated the facts.  The community will interpret the facts for themselves and make their own decision.  

I would rather talk through igm to those who want clarification, than get pulled into an Forum argument.  Past experience tells me that accomplishes nothing.  

SB


Back to Top
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 597
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 18:52
Originally posted by Spheniscidae Spheniscidae wrote:

Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

Seems a lot of people have issues with the tiny little pitbulls. My perception is a bunch of players playing a war game and then getting complaints about them playing a war game. Perhaps some clear facts laid out here would help. As far as I recall NC only ever declared wars on equal sized or larger alliances (My memory may be a bit hazy due to working in the field so much lately). How this makes them bullies is above me. Their methods of diplomacy are also different to what others view as correct but this does not make them bad. I myself tend to resort to launch first and then talk. Now if someone has facts, and not opinions, just list them here and then everyone can make their own decisions.

OP, colour coded for facts (which may or may not be accurate), opinions, and filler.
I see more red than green...


Read the last line a few times. I repeat, read the last line a few times.
Kaggen is my human half
Back to Top
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 597
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 18:54
Originally posted by Tamaeon Tamaeon wrote:

Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

If you bothered to read the initial post in this thread you would actually realize that this thread is not here to argue a point but list facts. Go troll the other threads for opinions. Please folks, lets keep it to facts.

Feel free to correct me, if I said anything that is either false or incorrect.


Also... I really don't want to argue semantics here, but if you open a thread with this...
Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

"Seems a lot of people have issues with the tiny little pitbulls. My perception is..."
you are obviously inviting an open discussion by expressing an opinion.


That said; I would love to have a factual discussion, and am eager to read your retort!



Read the last line of my initial post. If it is in any way unclear I apologist and refer you to the last line of my initial post.
Kaggen is my human half
Back to Top
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 597
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 19:57
Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

Originally posted by Spheniscidae Spheniscidae wrote:

Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

Seems a lot of people have issues with the tiny little pitbulls. My perception is a bunch of players playing a war game and then getting complaints about them playing a war game. Perhaps some clear facts laid out here would help. As far as I recall NC only ever declared wars on equal sized or larger alliances (My memory may be a bit hazy due to working in the field so much lately). How this makes them bullies is above me. Their methods of diplomacy are also different to what others view as correct but this does not make them bad. I myself tend to resort to launch first and then talk. Now if someone has facts, and not opinions, just list them here and then everyone can make their own decisions.

OP, colour coded for facts (which may or may not be accurate), opinions, and filler.
I see more red than green...


Read the last line a few times. I repeat, read the last line a few times.


And Pongo, I think this may be you. If it is, at least post under your real identity. I would respect you then.
Kaggen is my human half
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.