illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mammoth Tusks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mammoth Tusks
    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 06:44
What are Mammoth Tusks used for in crafting?
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 07:25
Mamoth Tusk Bow.+30 Attack, -10 Move Speed, +30 in Arctic, -8 in Desert, -8 in Jungle
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 09:48
Thank you.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 14:54
Anyone have an up-to-date version of this?

There is also some concern about whether certain crafted gear (I've heard rumor of animal bonuses) received the actual change in bonus that was advertised when bonuses were re-adjusted (most recently, but its been a while).  Is there any way to test that so evidence would exist prior to requesting the attention of the blue GMs?

I would assume any advertised bonus, when you click on an item, would be the same value used in the battle calculations within the game?  I can't imagine that these values would be hard-coded in multiple places requiring multiple revisions within the code when updated?  But maybe I don't know programmers in Windows as well as I thought I did.

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 15:18
You can get pretty much the same info as the puzzle logic page from the Inventory Search tools in DurcTools - only for one item at a time though. If I remember right I think Koda was working on a new version of it.

Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 19:13
I have a guide on my profile that lists useful PvP equipment, including a blog article that explains why items are included or excluded. I'm sure some crafter has a complete list on their profile, including all the obscure and useless stuff.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Blankit View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 08:40
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

I have a guide on my profile that lists useful PvP equipment, including a blog article that explains why items are included or excluded. I'm sure some crafter has a complete list on their profile, including all the obscure and useless stuff.

Those of us who follow his profile page should remember that his advice is for PvP first. This applies on this topic too. Many people kill NPCs with Silversteel Sword equipped Commanders and elite status. Or take boar spear. Ignoring those anecdotes about its glitchy performance, its only useful for killing generic animals. For elementals and underworld it's useless.

This is corrected in his blog though.
---E ---E Now selling pitchforks at The Pitchfork -Emporium. ---E ---E
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 09:11
If you want to find items that give a particular bonus then try the Find Items tool in DurcTools. You can select items by Biome, Terrain, Target (Animals, Monstrous, Underworld), Attack, Defence, Race, Equipment Type, Time (Day or Night). You can also exclude items that give negative bonuses on the same fields. This uses data extracted from the in-game popups you get by clicking on a particular item.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic