Forum LockedKing's Tourney #1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>
Author
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Topic: King's Tourney #1
    Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 20:54
I thought a separate thread for Tourney #1 would be appropriate for The Caravanserai.

This is a place for Taunting, Bragging, and general discussion of strategies and happenings during Tourney #1.

I think this will be great fun for all of Illy!Clap
some random guy View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 21:04
Yo' mammas so dumb she tripped over a cordless phone!!
Soon, very soon, my name will become synonymous with chicken alfredo.... mmm.... chicken alfredo....
King EAM View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 21:09
Yo' Mamas so stupid it took her 2 hours to watch 60 minutes.

Most of my Yo' Mama jokes are to bad to be put on here Wink
"It's hard to know until you're a Crow"
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 21:09
This tourney gave me a reason to study the Strategic Map to see where the various alliances are located.  This was very enlightening as so many alliances have radically relocated during the Great City Move.   My mental picture of the lay of the land was way out of date!

Since I'm a solo +1 alliance, there's not a realistic probability that my alliance could win any of the flag sites.  Though we might try for grins.  :)  So that means that I have time on my hands to think how others might play the tourney.  So all of the following are strictly my speculation and I have ZERO knowledge as to how anyone is actually planning on playing the tourney.

A lot of the relocations were toward the south.  Flag site 0|-500 should see a lot of action from several of the top alliances.

H? has -500|500 fairly central to a large number of its cities.  I suspect it will tough to keep H? from winning that site.

DB is in strong position for site 500|500.  But with the war with Cala, DB might not be a strong competitor in this tourney.

The various Crows alliances each have flags they could each make a play on.  But will they work together to try to get one of thier group the Big Prize for overall time across all 8?  I can see a strategy where 1 Crow alliance is the capture/hold (maybe for 2 or 3 aitses) and the other Crows set about smashing the sites being held by competitors to prevent a non-Crow from winning the overall prize.

The northern sites have the least competition ... in terms of being near large alliances.

King EAM View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 21:12
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

This tourney gave me a reason to study the Strategic Map to see where the various alliances are located.  This was very enlightening as so many alliances have radically relocated during the Great City Move.   My mental picture of the lay of the land was way out of date!

Since I'm a solo +1 alliance, there's not a realistic probability that my alliance could win any of the flag sites.  Though we might try for grins.  :)  So that means that I have time on my hands to think how others might play the tourney.  So all of the following are strictly my speculation and I have ZERO knowledge as to how anyone is actually planning on playing the tourney.

A lot of the relocations were toward the south.  Flag site 0|-500 should see a lot of action from several of the top alliances.

H? has -500|500 fairly central to a large number of its cities.  I suspect it will tough to keep H? from winning that site.

DB is in strong position for site 500|500.  But with the war with Cala, DB might not be a strong competitor in this tourney.

The various Crows alliances each have flags they could each make a play on.  But will they work together to try to get one of thier group the Big Prize for overall time across all 8?  I can see a strategy where 1 Crow alliance is the capture/hold (maybe for 2 or 3 aitses) and the other Crows set about smashing the sites being held by competitors to prevent a non-Crow from winning the overall prize.

The northern sites have the least competition ... in terms of being near large alliances.

No, we are playing fair. We are not working together on this however we might try to steer clear of each other we are not helping each other.
"It's hard to know until you're a Crow"
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 21:20
Oh, I don't think my strategy idea was "unfair" at all.  I think it is a perfectly legal method to work the Crows in a coordinated manner.  However, I can also see how each Crow alliance would pick 1 or 2 sites for itself and see how the chips fall.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 21:46
Right now, the only flag with an occupying army is -500|-500.  My money says that is H?  :)
Strategos View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Operations

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 21:47
Just to clarify one point.

The developers do *not* penalize underhanded, creative or down right dirty tactics in any aspect of the game, provided it does not exploit a bug or violates the rules regarding third party software.

So while many tactics might not be very popular, any penalty for such behaviour would have to be given by other players, as non would be meeted out by the developers.

When we say sandbox, we're not kidding.
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 22:05
Well, I hope that everyone keeps the spirit of good sportsmanship in mind with the tournament.

Sort of "What happens in the tourney, stays in the tourney" approach.  I think it would be a shame if the tourney sparked actual city attacks amongst the alliances.

Everyone tap gloves, return to your corners, and wait for the starting bell!  :)
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 22:28
/me get's his diversionary siege armies ready...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>
  Share Topic