Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIllytools and the war

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bonaparta View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 17:42
Some alliances have tools that they don't share to anyone outside of their alliance. Eaque was generous enough to let everyone use it for a while. Thank you Eaque.

PirateKing View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 17:51
It is a sad day today as we mourn the death of IllyTools.  We would like to thank Eaque for his wonderful contribution while it lasted.  As they say, "It's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all."  

IllyTools, you will be sorely missed.

R.I.P.
Aarrr! Thar be no better friend than making friends with a pirate!
~SouthSeasPirates~
Eaque View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

FYI, the decision to block H? and Dlord from Illytools has been taken by me, not EE leadership nor Consone.
Granek View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Originally posted by PirateKing PirateKing wrote:

Harmless should shut down the Illy Wiki and Butler to be equally spiteful.  Evil Smile

God, I hope Butler isn't shut down! I think I'd cry if I had to go back to the defaults chat windows, with their non-standard emoticons and *shudders* medals.

Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 17:55
Originally posted by Granek Granek wrote:

Harmless should shut down the Illy Wiki and Butler to be equally spiteful.  Evil Smile

God, I hope Butler isn't shut down! I think I'd cry if I had to go back to the defaults chat windows, with their non-standard emoticons and *shudders* medals.

No worries and no plans to do so, these sites were released for the use and enjoyment for all players by HonoredMule.    He has too much integrity to play games with tools that have been released to the public.
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

PirateKing View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 18:05
Originally posted by Eaque Eaque wrote:

FYI, the decision to block H? and Dlord from Illytools has been taken by me, not EE leadership nor Consone.
Aaarrrrrr!  The truth shall set you free.

I respect you for your conviction.  May I ask if you have been or under attack by either H? or Dlords? 
Aarrr! Thar be no better friend than making friends with a pirate!
~SouthSeasPirates~
Dieneces View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 18:10

Well sorry but that means it should NOT be available to Consone alliance as well .Only fair is fair
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 18:15
Such a noble player turned evil and corrupt by consone.  Consone must be stopped before they corrupt more noble players.
Daufer View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 18:27
Originally posted by Starry Starry wrote:

Originally posted by Granek Granek wrote:

No worries and no plans to do so, these sites were released for the use and enjoyment for all players by HonoredMule.    He has too much integrity to play games with tools that have been released to the public.

Plus, other players using Butler and the wiki can't use it to gain any military advantage over H?, so why would he bother?
Daufer View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 18:32
Originally posted by IceDragon IceDragon wrote:

Well sorry but that means it should NOT be available to Consone alliance as well .Only fair is fair

Any alliance with a competent programmer should be able to develop something like this.  No doubt many have, and didn't release the tool for the public to use.  I'm sure H? has something that gives them all the military tools they need and the loss of IllyTools isn't going to negatively affect them.  Why should Eaque punish everyone not at war with his confederation by denying them the use of the app?  Why should his own alliance not be allowed to benefit from his work and creativity just because he won't let his enemies use it?

And what on earth does fair have to do with war anyway?  That's just silly.  You keep advantages for yourself and you deny them to the enemy if possible.  Doing it the other way around is moronic.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic