Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Illy's Biggest Fan Contest - Win Prestige & Prizes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIlly's Biggest Fan Contest - Win Prestige & Prizes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AnnMarie View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 15:44
SmileHappy New Year!

Edited by AnnMarie - 30 Dec 2012 at 13:05
Yeesha D'ni View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 17:53
End of the world was cancelled, fair enough! So time remains to put in some trade offers...

And no Embarrassed, I am not multiaccounting....

Edited by Yeesha D'ni - 27 Dec 2012 at 10:29
Thes Hunter View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 21:21
Ok, I conceived of this idea about a week ago, before I had heard of the contest. I was thinking about keeping it under wraps, because I have no idea if I am going to be able to pull it off before Gen Con this year. 

I've been wanting a set of armor for a long time, but didn't know which one I should try to make. Then looking at my profile and thinking I look a lot like my avatar, it hit me. This will be my first 'cosplay' armor build, so I have many challenges ahead. Hopefully it won't become another abandoned project. :)

Here are some detail pictures:

There you have it... Maybe I'm becoming too much like my character that I even want to look like her in RL too! LOL

The image in my avatar is a chalk pastel drawing I did as part of the Imagine Yellowstone Art competition.

Mr_Smiley View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 09:03

The sign says "Cottage of Mr_Smiley"

My phone/camera is old so its not the best, but I made a cottage :)
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 08:37
Ok, the scary thing is that I didn't have to do anything to create this image, other than figure out how to do a printscreen on my new laptop.  Yes, I, Rill Crow, have my own Illy facebook profile, and yes, every item on my bookmarks bar is Illy-related, from Illy crafting to the "new player link" to the Crow website and Crow chat link, to Illytools and the Arcanum Illyriad (Illy wiki). 

Edited by Rill - 23 Dec 2012 at 08:45
Progressor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 22:11

Stronghold

I doubt the majority of the active players have lost a city. It was a most interesting experience. Wouldn't recommend it though, not for everyone. ;-)
 My contribution to the contest is in memory of this event where my once proud capital was under siege by DrDraegan (tiny cubes on the left) and Anjire (right). It's a picture of a boardgame about a siege, and if you zoom in a bit you should be able to find tokens of ballistas, catapults and a battering ram. The grey blocks are the wall. Inside the city I used mostly white cubes as those symbolise the ranged troops in the boardgame, and Pinus Longaeva mostly had ranged troops then.

Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 22:20
I don't know how the devs will choose! Some of these entries are truly awesome with a lot of effort put in :) 
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 23:01
Originally posted by Auraya Auraya wrote:

I don't know how the devs will choose! Some of these entries are truly awesome with a lot of effort put in :) 

Very much agreed. Great job thus far everyone! :D

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Thes Hunter View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 16:57
Progressor, I love your idea!

I had a similar one, (and maybe I'll pursue it Soon(tm)) Where I would Draw Thes striding away from her burning cities, with the caption "The fire only burns brighter now" Or some such. But I didn't because I'm not that confident that my drafting skills would pull it off.

What board game is in your shot though? Since my other thing I love, (when I'm not playing Illy) is board games. Big smile

edit - If I took a better look at your picture, I would have answered my own question.

Edited by Thes Hunter - 24 Dec 2012 at 16:58
The image in my avatar is a chalk pastel drawing I did as part of the Imagine Yellowstone Art competition.

Pach View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 17:54
Pach

I am Illy's greatest fan because... I am a data analyst and spend most of my workday developing complex spreadsheets and predictive / optimization models. Then I come back home and work on my Illy spreadsheets! Sometimes my wife thinks I'm catching up on work late in the night when I'm actually catching up on Illy! *evil grin*

Not sure how much you can see of this sheet in the pic - it's a sovereignty planner for my city Silverymoon. Blue squares are for troop sov and green squares are for food / clay / basic res. It's currently set up for cavalry with 200% troop production bonus, city pop of around 23k at 50% tax, double cavalry parade grounds, single chancery and single jungle warfare college. The constraint is maintaining positive or very slightly negative in basic res, and not less than -180 in research points: quite a feat! I'm guiding my city builds and sov claims towards this target, but it will take me another 2 months to get there.

Edit: Adding a screenshot below so you can see it more clearly.

Edited by Pach - 26 Dec 2012 at 18:01
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic