illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Illyriad on android

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
zoulexchanger View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoulexchanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Illyriad on android
    Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 21:27
Hello Illyriad community!

I tried to find this game on google play because I want to play it on my phone but I can not find it.
How do I play this game on phone? 

Thanks! :)
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 21:38
Illyriad is browser based, so just use the built in browser and navigate to the website. That's all there is to it. If you want an icon on your homescreen, just make a bookmark for it. 

Edited by abstractdream - 18 Jan 2016 at 21:40
Bonfyr Verboo
zoulexchanger View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoulexchanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 21:48
Ahaaa okay!

Thanks abstractdream
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 23:58
There is an issue on Android with zooming in when you type. It's a known bug, and we're waiting for a fix. So, if you want to chat the best thing is to view the game in portrait mode and zoom in on the chat window, giving the lower-part of the screen some room for the keyboard. 

Good luck!

Rikoo
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Fiona View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 00:17
The thing that I found that worked was download the Google Chrome app (for Google Phones), works pretty good for chatting. You can zoom in and see what is said and chat with ease. You can even PC pretty easily too. Send mail, if you 'request desktop site'. Overall, it's still mildly buggy but more manageable then using the default browser that comes with the phone. 
Hope this helps
Fiona
Jaxie View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 09:14
I have been using my android phone to play illyriad using chrome. It's working not too bad, except for the map. I can't navigate it and touching a square that i want to look at highlights one in a completely different place! This means i can't send harvestors etc. Does anyone have a solution to this?
Morphisor View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morphisor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 12:45
I have been wanting to start playing this game, but I am having the same issue as Jaxie - using the map is practically impossible with the Chrome browser on an Android phone.

For me this is absolutely critical, as due to work and other commitments I have to be able to play this entirely on mobile; I cannot play on PC with any regularity.

There is simply nothing similar out there, so I would love to find a solution to playing this game on my Android phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bobtron View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobtron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 23:15
i use an android phone regularly with illy

The way to be able to use all functions (except private chat) that Ive found,  is to use Firefox + Request Desktop version
I support the Undying Flame!
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 04:38
Nice one bobtron Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

The map function works on android phone quite well. In chrome I could not use the compass rose to move map, nor select a specific tile. I just downloaded firefox and I can do both of these, although I had to tap tile square twice for it to select it.

Then had to open link in new tab to send scouts - but it worked !!!

I'll have a bit more of a play with it, but it does make illy much more useable on android phone Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
Remember to be nice to the squirrel.
Hyrdmoth View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyrdmoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 11:11
Originally posted by Jaxie Jaxie wrote:

I have been using my android phone to play illyriad using chrome. It's working not too bad, except for the map. I can't navigate it and touching a square that i want to look at highlights one in a completely different place! This means i can't send harvestors etc. Does anyone have a solution to this?
I found that, when using chrome on an android phone, I had to make sure I had not used reverse-pinch-to-zoom when using the map. That is when touching a square selects a different one.

When I am zoomed out, then I can quite easily touch the right square. This is counter-intuitive, because each individual square is then smaller, but I found that it works for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic