Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hello from your new Community Manager!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello from your new Community Manager!

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jane DarkMagic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 10 Sep 2011
Location: Tennessee
Status: Offline
Points: 554
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 01:00
Originally posted by Brids17 Brids17 wrote:

So do you actually get paid to do this? Cause that'd be like the easier job ever...

Considering the whinyness of a small contingent of the community, I can't imagine an amount of money that would be enough...
Back to Top
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1483
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 01:14
I'd do it for like $200 a month...*hint* *hint* =P
Back to Top
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General


Joined: 19 Oct 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 2224
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 02:06
Welcome, Luna!
Back to Top
Zork2012 View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 135
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 03:31
Greetings and hello there little miss.
If you need any help finding those reprobates I can point you in the right direction.
Back to Top
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar

Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Location: uk
Status: Offline
Points: 1191
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 12:02
Greets Luna - saw you in GC last night. o/

New posts coming so quickly I think the light from my screen got red-shifted.

Anyways - good luck in your new role - I look forward to seeing what ideas you have and what impact they might have on us lot.

Originally posted by Brids Brids wrote:

So do you actually get paid to do this?

There's always one isn't there? Wink

If I had to hazard a guess though I'd say no - Community Manager in Illy is not currently a paid position - the same as the artistic and storywriting roles currently occupied.
Back to Top
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar
Player Council - Historian

Joined: 07 Nov 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 1452
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 12:33
Hey Luna- you've taken a hard and painful position...... my condolences....
Ha, just kidding. We're not too bad, although you need to be careful with Lawn. He's clinically insane. 
Back to Top
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1483
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 13:37
Originally posted by Createure Createure wrote:

There's always one isn't there? Wink

If I had to hazard a guess though I'd say no - Community Manager in Illy is not currently a paid position - the same as the artistic and storywriting roles currently occupied.


So she had to quit the game AND she doesn't even get paid? I'd demand compensation for all my hard work gone. =P


Edited by Brids17 - 24 Oct 2011 at 13:37
Back to Top
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 824
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 16:21
I think a good majority of players here would quit the game and work for free for the illyriad development team.  I wouldn't, but a few would.
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Back to Top
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Avatar

Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Location: uk
Status: Offline
Points: 1191
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 16:24
Indeed Kur.

Illy is an exciting project. It is exciting to play but I imagine it would be even more interesting to be REALLY involved in shaping the game.
Back to Top
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General


Joined: 11 May 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 1118
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 16:51
Though I'm sure the more analytical players among us are most likely to want to work on a game like this (or even be part of the team), it also occurs to me that the same itchingly creative folk might also become quickly bored and frustrated with the restrictions of the existing roadmap and vision, and project boredom would ensue when they find themselves working on unrelated detail in the project, and having to iron out every foible before their changes were pushed live.

In game development, coming up with the original idea is just 2% of the work. Posting in the Suggestions forum comes with the luxury of not having to do the other 98%! :o)
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.