Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Han standing against Roman Hatred

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 13:52
Ellieh is right that RE and HAN can prosecute this "war" in whatever means they'd like. That being said, it seems that there is a consensus here that the war declarations between alliances -- particularly ones who historically do not like one another -- should be serious and not a joke, for the sake of the quality of the game.

Kids, let's not reduce Illyriad to a Facebook flame war with catapults. Let's suspend disbelief a little and play it with a bit more gravitas.

Pellinell View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pellinell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 19:32
Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

Well, I guess it is time for my 2 cents again. This is a conflict between 2 alliances. They have their own confeds and diplomatic ties. Let them get on with it and let them have their fun. Why do so many of you people in this community always jump to halt anything that has nothing to do with you?

The discussion started off well between the 2 alliances and then the rest of you jumped in and it seems the poor alliances involved have been bullied into accepting anything you propose now. The Han have a very powerful confed with T-O and thus do not need the rest of us acting like policemen and trying to get involved. RE probably also have their own allies. If it gets out of hand they will probably come up with a solution anyway.

Actually I didn't know Han existed until yesterday. TO is 100% neutral in this. Wink
Binky the Berserker View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Binky the Berserker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 21:03
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 21:29
I have an announcement to make DDUGS=Demdigs, and roads has nothing to do with any statements i make :) Have a nice day everyone :) 
Han Dynasty View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Han Dynasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 23:21
Edited as a sign of peace for Roman Empire.

Edited by Han Dynasty - 13 Oct 2014 at 01:20
The official forum profile for Han Dynasty.
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 23:33
Originally posted by Han Dynasty Han Dynasty wrote:

As evidenced by the pictures above...
i am sooo looking forward to the ruling on this.
Han Dynasty View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Han Dynasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 23:38
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

As evidenced by the pictures above...
i am sooo looking forward to the ruling on this.

We interpreted GM Rikoo's post here

Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

Originally posted by Brandmeister Brandmeister wrote:

IGM, yes. AC, apparently not. I couldn't find it in the CoC anyway.

Understand that rules, at any time, can be changed, altered, switched, finagled, cropped, edited or tweaked as we see fit. We can also find something that is not normally covered by the rules as breaking the rules.

Posting AC chatter is not, technically, against the rules. But, of course, this depends on what you are posting. So far I don't see much other than the usual war-banter, so for now there is not much to correct. IF you or anyone else reading this (not picking on you, Brand) wants to report a particular passage, please do so.

Sorry for the interruption, feel free to continue down this path to BLOODY WAR!!

GM Rikoo

...that it is prohibited to post in game messages between parties on the forums. He ruled that the posting of chat-room material onto the forums is not prohibited
The official forum profile for Han Dynasty.
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2014 at 23:45

...that it is prohibited to post in game messages between parties on the forums. He ruled that the posting of chat-room material onto the forums is not prohibited
i couldn't say if this will pass or not, but it is pretty clearly against the spirit of the rule, which is that private conversations ought to remain substantially private while public conversations can continue to be public. and...
Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

Posting AC chatter is not, technically, against the rules. But, of course, this depends on what you are posting.

...is not nearly the same as a blanket statement that chatroom conversations are permissible posts. yours is an aggressive interpretation.

Edited by Angrim - 12 Oct 2014 at 23:45
Myr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 01:07
EDITED because original post was removed.

I have had long conversations with both sides and gotten input from people who were in GC that day and alliance leaders who had a fake war declaration on them that day from RE. I put a lot of time into sorting the facts and I found fault on both sides of this situation. There is an apology posted in another thread from Zynot, a peace offer has been made and I would hope this is the end of it.

I would like to add that many of you who responded on this thread jumped to conclusions. This is why the forums are so dangerous and I stay out of them as much as I can now. If you want to fan flames and get into a war this is the place to go. 

Edited by Myr - 13 Oct 2014 at 02:16
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 02:05
GM Rikoo, could you please lock this thread. Thank you very much
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic