Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - H? and VALAR: who is mightier and who is right?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedH? and VALAR: who is mightier and who is right?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
Author
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 04:16
Oh... and that city is gone now.
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 04:16
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Your blood money is on the way.  How much is your self respect worth?

CountToTimingCarryingView
1KillerPoodle's [H?]
Town: NE-Poodleville
1hr 39m 33s
Gold
View In Map

lmao Rill, you really are a drama queen, if the topic isn't about you, then you make sure to make it so.   

Another example of why I seldom post on this forum, this matter is between Valar and H?    Debate it all you want but you are not involved.   :)

Edited by Starry - 09 May 2012 at 04:19
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 04:18
Starry,
I understand that this is not a debate.
TD
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 04:22
Starry, you are the one who is trying to make this about me, because I am the one who is speaking against Harmless?'s unfair demands.  You seek to discredit my ideas by suggesting this is about me creating drama.  I believe my ideas as expressed here stand that test.

I just thought it would be a good idea to put my money where my mouth is. 

H? was not shy in going to the forum when it had a dispute with Valar that led to war.  I seem to recall that there were no complaints from H? when I spoke in support of your actions on that occasion.  So I should only be allowed to speak when I agree with you?

This matter is not just about Valar and H?.  It's about justice, and it's about whether the dominant force on the server can act as a responsible custodian of that power, or whether it will act in a corrupt manner, taking advantage of its power to bully and exploit those who are weaker.

It is about me because if this is the standard H? is going to set for its behavior, given that I cannot reasonably resist your power, my only choice will be to leave.

This is about the fact that this is a game that we share, and a community that I care about, a community that has been fostered by the values of H? and many other veterans.  A community whose culture is worth respect, is worth preserving.

This is about all of us.

Edited by Rill - 09 May 2012 at 04:57
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 04:24
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

Oh... and that city is gone now.

Precisely, TD.  H? got what they wanted.  But it's not enough.  They have to demand a final "screw you" from someone who was impudent enough to suggest that they should have used diplomatic channels to accomplish their goal.
LordOfTheSwamp View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 05:08
Originally posted by Taelin Taelin wrote:

H? demand compensation for the loss of 4500 T2 Cav and 1000T2 Archers at 29 million plus build time.

VALAR have declined to pay this and now stand to have it taken by force and be punished if we resist.

Well, I was going to post something along the lines of:

H? would quite reasonably want to clear a suspended city that is close enough to impinge on their Sov, even though their behaviour here is excessively imperious. However, for H? to demand compensation for losses they suffered when attacking another Alliance's town, is simply extortion. Taelin: you are right, but H? are more powerful - pay the money they are extorting from you, and save yourself a world of pain - you've already experienced how obnoxious H? can be if they feel so inclined, and 29 million is a small price to pay to avoid that misery.

But now, I don't have to:

Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Your blood money is on the way.  How much is your self respect worth?

CountToTimingCarryingView
1KillerPoodle's [H?]
Town: NE-Poodleville
1hr 39m 33s
Gold
View In Map

Rill rocks.

Edited by LordOfTheSwamp - 09 May 2012 at 05:11
"A boy is building sandcastles on a beach. You go and kick down his castle. You could say that it only reflects how you play with sandcastles. Others may think it reflects who you are." - Ander.
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 05:21
Rill - you're a lovely person but I wish you would engage brain before accessing keyboard.

Attacking an active player (before sending any messages) because they are removing the city of a suspended player which was settled 3 squares away is utterly ridiculous.

We would have been well within rights to just declare war. As it is we tried diplomacy (after their unreasonable attacks) and only after VALAR refused to budge a single inch (and had the temerity to ask for compensation for their own attack) did we resort to a heavily limited engagement.

If you want to complain about lack of diplomacy - go moan at the VALAR fools.

Thanks for the cash - I'll use it to buy Malph some items to help his cause.

LOTS - you fail reading comprehension try again.

Edited by KillerPoodle - 09 May 2012 at 05:25
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 05:26
Last but not least.  The next time someone decides to disrespect our embassy by posting private comms like Taelin did - I'll just organize to siege their capital...

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 05:32
KillerPoodle, those who know me can assure you that I use what little brain I have left to the best of my ability.  Although my brain damage limits me in a number of respects, I am usually able to articulate a logical argument.

Sieging the city of _any_ player in another alliance -- even a suspended one -- without so much as sending a message to the alliance leadership describing your intentions and seeking a diplomatic solution is utterly ridiculous.

Oh, and by your statement it sounds as though you've already attacked Valar.  In which case, I think I'm due a refund of some of my gold.  Wink

Edited by Rill - 09 May 2012 at 05:35
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 05:38
You decided to butt in and send unsolicited gold - thanks for the gift.

It seems as though by your last statement you really haven't read what's been posted - I'll let HM spell it out for you in only the way he can:

This is our final summary and response:

We assert that Malpherion had every right to remove that city at any time, and that any interference was unjustified as well as premature.  Regardless of any misunderstanding at the time (which could have been easily rectified without bloodshed), he was attacked without any true provocation and deserves compensation for his losses.

Unless you wish to change Valar's stance no further response will be required from you.  Malpherion, backed by Harmless to whatever degree may be necessary, shall be taking his compensation by force plus punitive damages.  Hostilities against the aggressors and any who support them shall cease when Harmless is satisfied that Valar and any witnesses fully understand the folly of expecting to walk away from an attack on Harmless without consequence.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
  Share Topic