Topic ClosedH? and The Crows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Topic: H? and The Crows
    Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 05:15
I want all Crows to know that H? has historically had the very closest relations with the Crowalition. There are many, many new players here who may not know the history...

We started about the same time. H? was forced into war by being attacked by a much larger alliance (White & Black). But we won. And we then had peace for a long time. During that time, we developed really strong relationships with all the Crow alliances. H? has always loved coexisting with the Crowalition.

For the Record: This latest bout of warfare has nothing to do with H? wanting war with the Crowalition. We never wanted any Crow alliances to attack us. Quite the contrary. We have never wanted it. We were happy neighbors while we watched The Crowalition grow from being small to much larger than us. We were happy they were large! We have no issues with that. Quite to the contrary, we helped The Crows grow!

If, as folks accuse us, of being jealous of their size, we would have had a war 3 years ago when they were threatening to surpass us in size! If we were jealous of supremacy, we had literally a couple of years to attack the Crowalition and knock it down to size when it couldn't possibly defend itself. But what happened? We helped! We encouraged all the Crows to thrive! In all sorts of ways, including collaborating in tournaments. We still love you all!

I just want all the real Crows out there to know this, as no single member of H? or our allies hate the Crowalition. Just because a couple of your alliances have decided to merge with or assimilate enemies of ours and declare war on us (is that a surprise when we've beaten Valar now twice in wars?-- I'm sure they dislike us!), don't think that we, as a bloc have anything but continuing love for the Crowalition and what the "Crows" have always been...

You all have always stood for a magnificent coalition of folks who wanted peace and for Illy to be peaceful.

The fact that a couple of the alliances that used to belong to this marvelous Coalition have decided to take up vendetta war is beyond saddening. It's an absolute travesty. You all were the pinnacle of Peace.

Aral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 05:20
So why not offer peace?  
Aral Llc is not responsible for any grievous bodily harm sustained while reading this signature. No rights reserved.
HATHALDIR View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 05:30
I have always been a bit slow Kumo, please state by name who the real CROWS are? Not just general alliance is you could?

There's worse blokes than me!!
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 06:22
Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

I want all Crows to know that H? has historically had the very closest relations with the Crowalition. There are many, many new players here who may not know the history...

We started about the same time. H? was forced into war by being attacked by a much larger alliance (White & Black). But we won. And we then had peace for a long time. During that time, we developed really strong relationships with all the Crow alliances. H? has always loved coexisting with the Crowalition.

You've been openly harassing them for months, nearly driven one of their Rooks from the game, and openly attacked their allies.  Either you're lying or really bad at co-existence.   

For the Record: This latest bout of warfare has nothing to do with H? wanting war with the Crowalition. We never wanted any Crow alliances to attack us. Quite the contrary. We have never wanted it. We were happy neighbors while we watched The Crowalition grow from being small to much larger than us. We were happy they were large! We have no issues with that. Quite to the contrary, we helped The Crows grow! 

I very clearly laid out my point in GC. Namely that I was concerned about more and more and more wings being added as it could have a stifling effect upon Illy.

I'll just leave this here...

If, as folks accuse us, of being jealous of their size, we would have had a war 3 years ago when they were threatening to surpass us in size! If we were jealous of supremacy, we had literally a couple of years to attack the Crowalition and knock it down to size when it couldn't possibly defend itself. But what happened? We helped! We encouraged all the Crows to thrive! In all sorts of ways, including collaborating in tournaments. We still love you all! 

I just want all the real Crows out there to know this, as no single member of H? or our allies hate the Crowalition. Just because a couple of your alliances have decided to merge with or assimilate enemies of ours and declare war on us (is that a surprise when we've beaten Valar now twice in wars?-- I'm sure they dislike us!), don't think that we, as a bloc have anything but continuing love for the Crowalition and what the "Crows" have always been... 

And yet you seem to have a constant misunderstanding of what the Crows have "always" been.  I think we can let them decide among themselves what their group is about.  Or groups, as the case may be.  

You all have always stood for a magnificent coalition of folks who wanted peace and for Illy to be peaceful.

The fact that a couple of the alliances that used to belong to this marvelous Coalition have decided to take up vendetta war is beyond saddening. It's an absolute travesty. You all were the pinnacle of Peace.

Again, for someone who claims to be talking about history, you seem to have a limited understanding of it.  I would also question how people you claim to have had no issue with would get involved in a "vendetta war".  Maybe there is more to be understood about how we came to be here?
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 07:28
Honestly, Aurordan... you joined an alliance, EE, that was at war, on 1 Nov. of this year, 2013 after we all were at war... Opportunistic, perhaps? (I'd argue it's fatalist...)

After enjoying exactly the same protection that The Crowalition and H? has provided in SIX previous small alliances over the last two years, you are really going to claim that the environment that Crowalition and H? created (namely the one that enabled you to live and thrive in all those small alliances) should end? Really?

Edited by Kumomoto - 17 Nov 2013 at 07:30
blazing arrow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 07:42

That's true Kumo... we were close allies untill you guys got corrupted with power..... your threat perceptions have brought us to this stage... you forget some of your old allies have even turned on you ...for the simple reason that moment they become a challenge for you in tourneys you will start to plan their downfall...

be it tourney II where Valar outclassed you guys in the tourney... how cowardly  you guys took out Shadow[Soon] so that he came second best after leading the tourney till the last day if i remember correctly and now us who challenged you to the top spots in the last tourney

Disclaimer. This is just me expressing my opinion Embarrassed

deorasandeep View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 07:49

first never heard of valar loosing war it was confed as a whole which negotiated

what do you mean real crows  

who merged with whom to support whom is better known to illy  since last 2 years  since i am playing.
merlynbc View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 07:49
Part of the problem is the misconception of the Crows as a single entity. There is NO central power structure. Each "wing" of the Crowfed acts alone and makes it's own decisions. As such, they are really no different than H? who have a confederation with many alliances. In fact, I suspect (without actually adding them up) that H? and their Confed combined have more population, military strength and overall power than Crowfed. So the Crows are really no threat to H? and their allies.

Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 07:52

Honestly, Aurordan... you joined an alliance, EE, that was at war, on 1 Nov. of this year, 2013 after we all were at war... Opportunistic, perhaps? (I'd argue it's fatalist...)

Yes, it was my fate.  My entire life has lead me to this moment.  

In all seriousness, if you want to say that standing up for my friends and beliefs against the foremost military bloc in the game is "opportunistic", I guess I can't stop you...

After enjoying exactly the same protection that The Crowalition and H? has provided in SIX previous small alliances over the last two years, you are really going to claim that the environment that Crowalition and H? created (namely the one that enabled you to live and thrive in all those small alliances) should end? Really?

None of this is based on anything I've actually said.  What I've told you before and will again is that the lessened aggression in the game has nothing to do with your alliance, and everything to do with Illyriad's mechanics.  

And in fact, even despite this, several of the alliances I've been in have been harassed and attacked by alliances currently fighting for you, so that argument kind of breaks down, doesn't it?
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 08:36
I have for the most part stayed out of this, but I think it is time for me to speak.

Kumomoto, you have not "stood by" and left us alone.

I was your friend at one point.  I thought we believed in the same things.  I was wrong.

I thought we believed in an Illyriad where people had the freedom to experiment with the world, to live in peace if they wanted to have peace, to make a try for war if they wanted to have war.

I went to war at your side against Valar, at your side and that of ScottFitz and Lorre and Amroth -- and although I have never broadcast my role, worked along with you, with ScottFitz, with KillerPoodle, with Manannan and with other members of the Seven Friends and Valar to negotiate a peaceful resolution.

I stood at your side against St. Jude's insults and stood up for what I believed was your honor.

Remember all those chatzy conversations?  I think I may still have some transcripts somewhere -- I'm sure you do as well.

How did you repay my friendship and faith?

By insulting me, threatening me and harassing me.

By using your not inconsequential power to foster an Illyriad in which might makes right and where those who wish to focus on war can use any pretext -- whether it be trove or a trumped-up sovereignty issue -- to make war on those who only wish to live in peace.

You claim that Crows somehow have changed.  I say that is false -- it is you who have changed.  When I joined Illyriad Harmless? claimed to stand for something.  Now it stands only for its own power.  When I joined Illyriad you had at least some vestige of humility and camaraderie.  You were willing to listen when others gave opinions.  Now you believe that your opinion is the only one that matters -- and will impose your will on others at your slightest whim.

When I joined Illyriad Harmless? was powerful and chose to exercise that power by NOT imposing its will on the entire server, at least for the most part.  You at least had the desire to preserve the appearance of a sandbox in which we were all free to play as we wished.  It has been more than a year now since you abandoned any semblance of that.

When I joined Illyriad it was a game that was fun to play, and Harmless? was a big part of that.  Now it is a game that is not worth my time -- and Harmless? is a big part of that as well.

It is true that there are others who have made choices along the way that have contributed to the current state of the server.  I also bear some responsibility.  I should have stood up to you more strongly long ago.

Honestly I don't know how to repair my errors.  If I thought there were hope of doing so, perhaps I would re-engage in the game.  But power struggles have never interested me -- what I loved about Illyriad was the opportunity to cooperate to create something great, not grub around for some illusion of control.

You will probably reply that I am not really a Crow, or that since I choose not to engage in Illyriad in its current state that I don't have a right to speak.  I do not claim to speak for Crows here, only as one person who has been proud to wear black and say caw for a long time.  I do agree that people should not act on what they perceive as my wishes in any way in determining the future of Illyriad.  I have no more wishes for myself in Illy, just fond memories and lost dreams.

I wish all the people of Illyriad the best, and I hope you all find your way.

As for you and Harmless?, Kumomoto, I still hope that at some point you will be willing to take a look at what you have become, and choose to do better.  You have in the past -- you can do it again.

Or don't.  Whatever.  Just don't pretend that who you have become is someone else's fault.  You have been the captain of your ship. You have made enemies of those who sought to be your friends -- and most of the "friends" you have now are not worth having.  (The ever-faithful DLords being a sad exception.  Perhaps if they came to their senses there would still be hope.) This world that you deplore is the one you created.  If you want it to be other than it is, you will need to become something new.  I still hold out hope for that possibility and wish you the best.

I there will be many H? representatives who choose to post something condescending or demeaning in response to this -- thus in many ways demonstrating the truth of what I am saying.  I forgive you in advance, and remind you that you used to be other than what you have become.  I hope your future finds you in a better place.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic