Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Badmuts View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 12:28
Originally posted by dunnoob dunnoob wrote:

Originally posted by Badmuts Badmuts wrote:

If you have a level 20 market and 70 vans, you will keep the vans after the exodus. You cannot build new ones when you loose some vans if the market is still level 12. This is because of the building requirements for building a certain number of vans. 
Interesting, in a captured city reduced to pop 80 I could build 55 vans as soon as a market place level 1 existed again. 

The city used to be bigger before I sieged it, some research including whatever allows 55 vans was done.  OTOH I couldn't build diplomatic units without the corresponding levels of the consulate.
Wow, maybe something else was wrong when i tried building extra vans after an exodus. I am now trying to build 70 vans in a captured town with a level 12 market to check it. Yes, it works. Maybe the building level limitation only holds for barracks and consulate. For the barracks i am very sure, because i checked everything when i got a popup telling me that i couldn't build any knights. Only later I realized that it was the level of the barracks that was causing the popup. 

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 15:52
The building level limitations apply to creating troops and diplo units but NOT to making vans or casting spells.  You can cast any spell from a level 1 mage tower (although it will have less spell power, since mage tower level is one of the determinants of spell power).  As long as you have the research, you can create the number of vans the research determines, and they will have the carrying capacity of the highest completed research.

On the other hand, you can't make a t2 cav in a level 12 barracks, nor an assassin in a level 12 consulate.  (You also can't make a t2 cav in a level 15 consulate, but that's a whole other thing. Wink)
Cerex Flikex View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 22:09
Updated guide:

- troop section is updated and also includes a bit about spells, based on the previous posts.

Spell restriction has not been changed yet, as I'm unsure how that works currently.

dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 09:13
Some stuff I need to know really soon that could be added to your guide:

The storage capacity after exodus (storehouse 12 + warehouse 12) will be 94087 of everything, and allegedly this also affects advanced resources, e.g., 100K beer would be too much.

Clay, iron, stone, and wood at level 12 yield 393 p/h, food only 312 p/h.  

With five farms before exodus, and five or more farms after exodus, the output starts at 1560 p/h without bonus.  With a flour mill level 12 for a 24% bonus it starts at 1934.4 p/h.    
Northern Ranger View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 04:34
Wow!  Thanks so much everyone for clarifying which town the Exodus research is required in.
Based on the dev instructions, I've been mistakenly concentrating on the city issuing the command, instead of the city to be moved.  i.e. Deliberately not upgrading the warehouse to level 20 because it's going to be knocked back down to 12 when I move it.  It would've taken me a long time to discover this the hard way.

Cheers!
NR

Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 05:57
Exodus is like a recurring nightmare... I would rather give up oxygen than move another city.
Rohk View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 06:23

The storage capacity after exodus (storehouse 12 + warehouse 12) will be 94087 of everything, and allegedly this also affects advanced resources, e.g., 100K beer would be too much.

With five farms before exodus, and five or more farms after exodus, the output starts at 1560 p/h without bonus.  With a flour mill level 12 for a 24% bonus it starts at 1934.4 p/h.    

I can confirm that it does affect advanced resources but as usual, not the resources that already have no hard limit (gold, research, mana). Any basic or advanced resources you have will drop to the new storage level if you had more than 94087 of them (except the ones with no limit). 
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 06:39

Yes I didn't add many numbers to this guide. I have yet to finish my exodus as I planned to do, to confirm some more information ie. regarding spells.

I also see Rohk answered you. Indeed all resources are limited by storage; except gold, mana, and research points.

Edited by Cerex Flikex - 01 Jun 2012 at 06:44
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 06:45
Guide update:

- Storage limit after exodus has been added to the cost section.
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 08:30
Originally posted by Cerex Flikex Cerex Flikex wrote:

I have yet to finish my exodus as I planned to do, to confirm some more information ie. regarding spells.
Fun info, a spell on a city in transit is not automagically cancelled.  I'm curious what happens in a week when my exodus arrives.  The city should be out of range for Nature's Earth from my capital at its destination.  For Nature's Mine teleporting the target out of range does not break the spell.  But of course teleport and exodus are different.

A remotely related situation is razing a blighted city, the raze does not automatically terminate the blight, i.e., the blight continues to burn mana at "abandoned town" (an ordinary square on the map) until it is explicitly cancelled. Ouch 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic