illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unused Minerals, Herbs and Animals parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Thunder View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unused Minerals, Herbs and Animals parts
    Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 00:17
Hi Devs,

Just wondering if you have any timetable for the introduction of the use of some of the Minerals, Herbs and Animals parts that aren't currently in use and what they would be used for?

I am assuming most will be used with the 4th and 5th magic schools that aren't currently in the game but just curious if there is a timetable for their introduction.

Thank you,

Thunder
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 13:29
I like the idea of unused resources in the game.  Perhaps they will have a future use, or not.  Not every effort of work should have a direct reward.  

Until something does change... I'll keep collecting random anatomies, herbs, and minerals.

Wartow
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 00:49
Why have something in the game if you just ignore it?  And its not like 1-2 items its like 50% of the crafting items with only 5% of them actually being used for useful gear.
Thunder View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 13:06
I'd just like to know if there is a timetable to have more of them in use and what that might be
Thunder View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 13:07
Yep seems a bit of a waste to have something in a game with no use.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 21:15
I did a certain amount of research into this some time ago.
Because Illyriad Games Ltd is a very small company, we only get a set of abbreviated statutory accounts every year from which it is possible only to see a balance sheet and no revenue or expenditure.  It is also unlikely that the accounts give a full picture of the business particularly since you can't see how much effort is going into Illyriad and how much into Age of Ascent.
My view, and it is only a view, is that Illyriad is unlikely to see much, if any development of content in the short to medium term future for 2 reasons:-
1 Age of Ascent
2 Apparent lack of revenue to support both Age of Ascent and Illyriad Development.(If there was enough, then there would be development, but again maybe the investment case doesn't justify it).
This isn't a criticism, its just the way things appear to be.
If Age of Ascent gets launched, and if it proves successful, then I'd still expect the lion's share of development to be taken by that product, rather than Illyriad.
I'd like to be more positive, since I enjoy the game, bit after a peak at Companies House (beta) and I again stress that the information is very limited, I don't think (professional guestimate) that any development of Illyriad is on the short or medium term horizons.

Edited by Dungshoveleux - 18 Feb 2017 at 21:17
Sheza View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 02:09
we could use them to make shields for our Commanders 

If Horses don't go to Heaven when they die. then I want to go where they go.
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 20:02
You make a great point.  The fact I doubt Illyriad has that large of an increasing player base to justify increased development.  The players who are here are so invested they will likely play the game indefinitely even if they don't make an update. 

That being said they recently launched on steam so it certainly looks like work is being done to keep this game updated.  
Dcesilo80 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcesilo80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 04:36
I am not quite sure about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic