illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Updates?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Crezilin View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crezilin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updates?
    Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 15:11
I didn't really a good place to put this so I put this here.

I have a friend who I'm trying to get into Illyriad from SHK. He says that graphically Illyriad  looks really bad and so he is probably going to quit because of that. Is there any future plans for decent graphics? 
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 16:47
Originally posted by Crezilin Crezilin wrote:

I didn't really a good place to put this so I put this here.

I have a friend who I'm trying to get into Illyriad from SHK. He says that graphically Illyriad  looks really bad and so he is probably going to quit because of that. Is there any future plans for decent graphics? 

At some point, the devs talked about updating to a new UI  but they show us the new UI  back in  Feb 23 2015 so it's unknown if they still plan on doing it.  http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/22feb15-uiv4-preview_topic6174.html
Crezilin View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crezilin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 22:07
Thank you. That helped explain some things but I don't fully understand their latest post. Are they going to update it and when do they think that update would occur? Saying "It gets done when it gets done." may be the truth but it'd be nice to get an approximation of when so that I can give people (or my friend) some hope.

(My questions are kind of directed at a developer/admin since as you said, they haven't announced if they're going to continue it.)

Edited by Crezilin - 27 Jan 2017 at 22:13
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 15:46
Originally posted by Crezilin Crezilin wrote:

Saying "It gets done when it gets done." may be the truth but it'd be nice to get an approximation of when so that I can give people (or my friend) some hope.
the devs believe that the reaction from disappointed players when they miss self-imposed deadlines is worse than allowing the game to suffer from constant doubt about their commitment to it. you won't get a date from them.  you won't even get an approximate timeframe. i think it's fair to say that there are many vets who doubt the new UI will ever be implemented.

if your friend isn't happy with the way the game is now, it's probably not for him/her. if the new UI were to be implemented, s/he can always start then.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic