illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Impassable Squares

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Impassable Squares
    Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 06:12
Are there any other impassable squares (as in Volcanoes, etc) other than on The Pirate Isles? The PI's are owned and controlled by one alliance and it is not friendly to others.

Also, may a sq containing "standing stones" be settled?

Edited by Antivirus - 04 Jan 2017 at 10:05
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 11:17
Impassable squares are scattered all over the map. If you want to see where a particular terrain type appears you can check out this page.

As for standing stones I honestly don't know.
Freyja View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freyja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 11:24
Yes, there are impassable squares all over the map and they are not restricted to one specific area. Some areas have more than others, like Calumnex. There are canyons, swamps, volcanos and other types that are impassable.

NPC squares, like standing stones, cannot be settled on. iirc, if you attempt to send settlers to a square that is not allowed, a message will pop up saying that you can't and lists the types that are unsettle-able. There is a list here in the forum also ... on one of the threads about moving towns or something like that ...

Squares with 0 food cannot be settled on either, and there are squares that are not NPCs that have 0 food. Much of the arctic regions are 0 food squares, and there are a few small areas around the map that are 0 food also. The area around the HoC is one and there are a few others. There's a good chance they'll be used for some future map feature.
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 11:55
Actually I am looking for a square that is surrounded by impassable terrain and not siege-able on all sides (no place to land). Of course this limits sov. I found one another time but failed to right down the coords.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 12:22
Originally posted by Antivirus Antivirus wrote:

Actually I am looking for a square that is surrounded by impassable terrain and not siege-able on all sides (no place to land). Of course this limits sov. I found one another time but failed to right down the coords.

The Spot Search from Digiosio should find that for you. I think it's still disabled at the moment after the problems with the datafiles but I'm sure it'll be back up soon.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 15:10
Calumnex. The poisoned water is impassable, so the single square islands are effectively indestructible by siege.

Even with terraforming, such a city will be very limited for size.
Antivirus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antivirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 04:06
Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic