FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

About difficulties with signing in...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About difficulties with signing in...
    Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 01:02
Hello all!

We have had some issues lately with players not being able to to log in to the game -- or forums -- for different reasons. Luckily we have been able to whip the coding hamsters into service and they have given their all and come to a solution.

All in all, the issue should be fixed. If not, here's a story:

I, too, was having issues logging in. I use Chrome and sign into my account and it has worked for since forever. A while ago it started to have issues. I use a password saver and even though it never had issues before, it seemed to stop working. Signing in from Edge worked fine. 

Finally, we found out that what was probably happening was that I was going to the main website (the one you find when you search for Illyriad) through Chrome and then my password-filler would fill it in and I couldn't get in and then I would scream and.... 

So what worked is that I went to Illy in Chrome as I used to do, turned off the password-filler-inner, then chose one of the other login types (in my case, Steam.) I did not sign in with this login type, instead I switched BACK to the email/password login I normally used, then typed it in manually. 

That got me in. From then on, I have been able to use my password-filler-inner like normal. 

So, if you were having issues signing in, all should be fixed, but you need to choose a different login type from the drop down, then go back to the normal type, and log in manually. 

The forums should now load as normal as well.

Please pass this on to Alliance mates, etc, who might still have an issue, and please leave any similar issues in this thread or contact me in game.

Thanks all!

GMR

Edited by GM Rikoo - 09 Dec 2016 at 01:07
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 12:36
THANKS!

I was unable to even get the Forum to show as existing in Chrome. No issues now. Thanks again.
Bonfyr Verboo
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 00:31
Great! 

GMR
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic