illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Norwegian Players

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lost Avenger View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Avenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Norwegian Players
    Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 06:06
Hello.

I'm interested in connecting with Norwegian players. The wife and I might be visiting your beautiful country next year some time and I am interested in knowing where would be some of the most beautiful amazing places to visit while were there.

So if you're Norwegian, or if you've been to Norway before and can recommend a few places I'd especially love to hear from you.

Cheers, LA.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 12:38
Many years ago I spent 10 days kayaking and hiking in Norway and the scenery is awesome. We were based in the Kristiansand area. In fact my only complaint about the place was the price of a beer.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 20:53
Take your alcohol with you.

Car touring holiday is best.

Spent 5k in 2006 for 4 people in hotels + food + fuel over 10 days.

Back to the UK via Oresund and Chunnel.

Best holiday I ever had.
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Avenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 03:49
Thanks Tensmoor,

We've decided to travel there towards the end of winter so not sure about kayaking and hiking at that time :D

I've looked into the Kristiansand area and it looks lovely and might be more appropriate for a return trip in the warmer months.

Cheers!
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Avenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 03:52
Hey Dung!

Thanks for your comment.

We've decided to travel towards the end of winter, and for safety reasons we'll travel by public transport. Which is very good in Norway. I have done snow driving but driving in icy conditions would freak us out a little bit.

Thanks for your suggestions with the alcohol. And while Norway is expensive, it's not as bad a Singapore. We won't take any alcohol as perhaps travelling to Norway will help us reduce our alcohol intake :D

Cheers!
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Avenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 14:09
Well, it's booked. We are going. I've been keeping an eye on the Kroner vs AUD exchange rate. Who knew a pint of beer in Norway would cost $21AUD! Crikey!

Edited by Lost Avenger - 11 Nov 2016 at 14:10
Sheza View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sheza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 22:31
All My ancestors come from the Isl of Bergon. Olsens, Larsons, Johnsons So say Hi to them LOL

Edited by Sheza - 11 Nov 2016 at 22:32
If Horses don't go to Heaven when they die. then I want to go where they go.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic