illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anatomy Names Too Loooooooooooong!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anatomy Names Too Loooooooooooong!
    Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 19:45
Some anatomy names are too large for the trade movement screen to show the quantities.
Can we change Giant to G. or even Gt?
It's a one row one table data change no brainer.
Count Rupert View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 00:28
Except your suggestion doesn't fix the problem.  Not all the names in question have "giant" in them.  Poisonous Crawler Exoskelton is the worst one as none of the numbers comprising the quantity show up.  At least those with giant have most of numbers show.  There are up and down arrows so you can view everything in the list.  Maybe add one at the bottom of the window to move side to side to see everything currently being cut off.
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 05:03
Just take a look at all anatomy names and adjust the ones are to large.  Crawler Exoskeleton would work just as well.
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 14:09
what I do is select the text of the animal part and then right click the selected text. then somewhere in the list it says "search google for posonous crawler exoskeleton (2172)" and I know how many I got in inventory. Agreed, not the way it should be, but it works for me.

In the case of the crawler exoskeleton you actually need to select a part of the text under it, otherwise no number will show.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 22:01
giant gt. 
exoskeleton exoskel.
poisonous pois.

trade orders and hub orders screens

the above would cure most of the issue.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 04:08
Stop-gap solution while we wait for the devs to decide if this should be done:

https://illystuff.uk/gm/ans.user.js

If you come up with any other anatomy names that you think should be shortened or think the abbreviations I've used are wrong just let me know. To try and show where I've abbreviated something I've used all uppercase.

This is completely separate to DurcTools and you don't need that installed to use it but you will still need either Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey installed.

Tens

Updated link to script

Edited by Tensmoor - 17 Feb 2017 at 16:07
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic