FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Timed Out?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Timed Out?
    Posted: 17 May 2016 at 15:25
I'm getting a connection timed out for elgea.illyriad.co.uk.  However, I checked a site detector and it says the site is up.  Anyone else having problems?

/me hopes she has not been banned for chatting too much or something.  Surely they would send me a mail?
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 15:28
Update: Seems to be working fine now, lasted from about 14:08 to 14:25 server time.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 23:30
Sounds like a local traffic routing table snafu somewhere in your neck of the woods.  Glad it's all working OK now though.  

If it happens again, a traceroute is always a useful first step in the diagnostics.
  • In windows, open a command prompt 
    • (in Win10, type the letters "cmd" into the 'Search the web and Windows' box in the bottom left corner of your screen) and press enter
  • Type:  tracert elgea.illyriad.co.uk into this command prompt, after the >
  • Wait until it completes...
  • Copy and paste all the text returned from the trace and send it to us!
Cheers,

SC

Rikkos View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rikkos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 19:54
I have the same problem since about an hour or so. Running tracert now and will send you the results.
I contacted my internet provider and we could not find a solution.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic