illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie’s Guide to Your First (Assisted) Siege

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Princess Botchface View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Botchface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 06:51
Originally posted by korpze korpze wrote:

i seen that i only need 450 population and lvl 20 barracks to build seige weapons, so could i blitz to lvl 20 barracks around 350/400 pop and build a bunch of seige untell 450 pop and rush another settlement instead of makeing a colonist? should i expect defenders at such low pop settlements?

It'll take awhile to build up the barracks and get everything you need, in the mean time you can build some scouts and see what your target has. They may acquire assistance from an alliance, but the risk is low, I mean, all they can really do is kill the troops, break the seige and reinforce the target, they're unlikely to raze your city since you've only got one, an alliance that would do that wouldn't be white knighting in the n00b ring.

Look for a decent sized city, at least 15k pop, scout it with as many scouts (t2 are best but t1 are fine for now) as you can muster, you'd be surprised how few players have enough troops to defend themselves from even mild aggression. Get a few million gold from GC, buy some equipment and build a couple thousand troops, your gold will go negative quick though so find a source of income, hides are a good choice or mooch off a big alliance.

A decent sized alliance can speed up this process for you and help you with the seige, most will encourage you not to go after live targets but not all of them... Almost all large alliances will have inactives that you can capture if you'd rather go that route.

Edited by Princess Botchface - 06 Dec 2016 at 06:54
Alti View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 13:22
If you are in Broken Lands, you might want to hurry up with your siege because Kaggen of Loki is going about squashing sieges that are taking what he regards as too long.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic