illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tournament Squares and Land Claims

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tournament Squares and Land Claims
    Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 12:15
Similarly to silversteel mines, the advent of new, permanent tournament squares in the Broken Lands will usher in a new and exciting "land grab" in the BL for control of the lands around these squares. As we approach the one-year anniversary of the Broken Lands Alliance Land Claim initiative, I'm calling on BL alliances to consider launching alliance claims around tournament markers where they already have a presence. In this way, we can engage the metagame even on and around tournament squares.

What's going to happen is alliances are going to aggressively mass-exodus in cities chock full of troops. The local regions around these squares could become incredibly contested and saturated with cities. An alliance land claim would help alliances secure their position around the square nearest to their alliance cluster, and put into play a new consideration for other alliances considering an invasion of cities into the region to control the tournament square.

I will be updating the BL Strategic Map (aka the "land claim map") to include approximate positions for the tournament squares. If alliances are considering a land claim, please IGM first so that I can make plans to represent your claim on the map.

Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 09:08
To be honest, I see no need to formalize this.

I'm not going to see any mass exodus towards tourney sites happening really. Because a few cities at the maximum will be enough. From there, the 10sq rule is in effect.

What's also a factor is that it takes a lot of time and effort to organize a tournament, and that it is done by players. Kodabear is very motivated because he does it for NF awareness. I don't see many players going for global tournaments, maybe one or two a year. That hardly justifies an exodus.

Of course this is how I see it. I live near a tournament spot, but in the post official tournament era I would not even consider moving near one, unless it's good land. And good land is already being claimed for being good land...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic