illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Global Chat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elfanor View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elfanor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Global Chat
    Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 11:03
I play the game through the Microsoft Store which creates an Icon on my desktop for direct access. The problem I have is that in this format the Global Chat window takes up half of my screen and I see no option to minimize the window. Is there any way I can change this? Thanks.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 11:16
You can access the game directly through the browser at www.illyriad.co.uk.  When you play directly in the browser you can minimize global chat.

You should also be able to close global chat entirely here http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Communication/Chat

However, there will be a black space at the right side of your screen.  So far as I know, there is no way to put anything there other than undocked chat windows.
Elfanor View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elfanor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 11:37
Thank you for the info. Take care.
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 16:10
If you are playing through the MS app, the chat is supposed to take up half of the right side of your screen. The game was originally designed in a 4:3 res, which helped with Facebook and iPad players. (It still works great on an iPad!) 

Unfortunately, this means that we have to fill that gap with something, and the chat goes there. You can adjust chat settings and it is possible to mess with those settings, but if it gets stuck or messed up you can also uninstall and reinstall the app or do as Rill suggested and go to the browser. If you're using your Windows login (as you would have to when you downloaded the app) check this thread: 

http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/2jan2015-windows-login-and-other-accounts_topic6059.html

Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic