illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Step-by-step guide to terraforming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ptolemy View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ptolemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Step-by-step guide to terraforming
    Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 02:17
This is my method, there might be better ways, there might be worse, this is  simply the way I use.
Send 120 books, 15k gold, 20 beer, 10 saddles and 8 horses. This should give you enough research points to research the necessary things, as well as let you build a settler.
The research I recommend you do, in this order, is (City)- timekeeping, bureaucracy, pioneering, architecture, craftsmanship, spear making, spear smith,  (Quest)- bartending, (Diplomacy)- negotiation.
If you do all this research, you should be able to build what you need.
Things to build, and to what level:
Library, to level 1
Market place, to level 1
Storehouse, to level 11
Spear maker, to level 1 
Architect's office, to level 10
Consulate, to level 10
Tavern, to level 11
All res plots, to level 1
Common ground, to level 1
Padlock, to level 1
Spear Smith's, to level 1, 15 of them.
This will give you a 450 pop. If you want, you can increase your food plots so you don't have to keep shipping food to the terra, but it is not needed.
Now, you will want to send your settler to the square you want, the type depends on what you need, or what the buyer wants.
Notes:
1. You can send res to your town, or you can send some gold, and buy the res you need if you are far away.
2. If you want, when you are done building, use all your res to makes cows, and after a certain amount of time passes, capture the city, transport the cows too yourself, and than have the city razed.
3. On the matter of price, this all depends on who you are selling too, however, the price you should stick too is what best fits you. You could ask from around 25M-50M+

Edited by Ptolemy - 31 Dec 2015 at 01:26
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 08:43
What a coincidence. I was going to rewrite my older guide and make it actual today, after some questions by an alliance mate in the last few days.

No offense, but I'm still going to do it, since I see a few holes here, and it's not complete. 
Ptolemy View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ptolemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 18:34
None taken, I have been in terraforming for a short while, and I did say there might be better ways.
Terraformer View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terraformer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 08:01
I've used a lot of terra recipes, and finally came upon one that makes the best business sense. I use it now because it requires less res to be sent and each terra shows a profit even if I use it myself. I only build, mostly in this order, storehouse L9, library L9, book binder L9, market L7 with 10 vans @ 3K tot capacity (to send the books, spears and harvestables to my main), consulate L1, spearmaker L15, and 17 cottages. Each res has 1 plot at L1 and 7 farms to L7. I found this food level was easy to manage after setting tax to 100%. If you build the library early enough, you should only need to send 45 books with your settler res, and produce books at 1 per hour with your library producing just over 25 rp per hour at 100% tax. I build the spearmaker later, (low res and high pop), and get about 500 spears. The 17 cotters are gathering, unless there are only minerals, I hate minerals. The big plus to terraforming, though, is you get to troll gc.

Nice topic, I'm interested to see what other people do. I do supply res from my main. 2 of my largest cities are inside the newb ring and are usually very close to the terras. I also give each terra a food boost.
Tacardi View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tacardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 15:54
Erza View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 04:17
I went the minimal cost route to Terraforming seems I started it 4 days after starting my main account and had little to nothing spare to send over.

13k gold, 55 books, 20 beer, 10 saddles and 8 horses. 1 caravan with 200 load limit. No extra resources sent.

All res plots to Lv4 and Food plots up to Lv6
Library Lv3 early to save up RP
Marketplace Lv1 
Storehouse Lv6
Architect Lv5
Common Grounds Lv6
Paddock Lv6
Consulate Lv6
Tavern Lv6
Spearmaker Lv7
Tannery Lv7
15 - Leather Armourers to Lv4 - Needs research, usually finishes up on day 5.

Usually finish 12 hours + before rainbow, I don't send anything back to my main account or produce anything. Just went the cheap and slow but steady option. Use most of my Prestige on +20% resource buffs so I don't need to be constantly active each day. I was making a detailed guide but got lazy and didn't finish it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic