illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gold/thieves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KingDavid View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingDavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gold/thieves
    Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 02:31
Can gold be taken by thieves? How many thieves should I have myself to counter act them? Thanks.
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 03:01
Originally posted by KingDavid KingDavid wrote:

Can gold be taken by thieves? How many thieves should I have myself to counter act them? Thanks.
yes. more than your opponent has.

rather than open a forum thread for every question you conceive, have you considered browsing the guides already available on the forum? in this case, Vanerin's I've Been Robbed guide seems appropriate.
KingDavid View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingDavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 03:22
Thank you for your response. I make no apology for using the forum to gain information I need as a new player. That is what it is for I would think. I would contact the alliance for such trivial questions but there is a 12 hour difference between here and the US/UK. ie: when I am awake they are sleeping. 
As far as the guides go, I am just now learning to use/find them. Doing a search for "thieves" did not bring up much. So, I stand corrected and will in the future search the guides and not bother the forums. Once I find  my way around.
However, your defamatory editorial statement about "every question you can conceive", is not appropriate for the forums. (read the rules). I have not lived three score and ten and not be able to know a "cut down" when one is thrown at me. This is not an appropriate response to a new player.
 Good day!

Edited by KingDavid - 09 Oct 2015 at 03:42
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 06:23
Advanced (t2) thieves can steal gold.  Usually one would prefer that they steal gold compared to a more valuable resource that they might take, such as saddles.  In order to protect gold and other resources, it is a good idea to research Faction Markets and Trader in the trade section of the tree.  Once you've researched Faction Markets you can stow your valuables in a trade hub, but you'll need a Trader there to be able to retrieve them.

A vault will protect some gold against thieves, but faction hubs are the best idea for protecting large amounts.  Using thieves to protect against other thieves is pretty inefficient, since you need to have more defense than the other person has attack, and some people have tens of thousands of thieves.  Using hubs to store the majority of your valuables such as gold and advanced resources that are thievable is really the only practical way to go.

Read more about these issues in this self defense guide.
KingDavid View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingDavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 06:52
Ok, thank you very much. Makes good sense to me. Take care.
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 21:52

Thank you for your response. I make no apology for using the forum to gain information I need as a new player. That is what it is for I would think. I would contact the alliance for such trivial questions but there is a 12 hour difference between here and the US/UK. ie: when I am awake they are sleeping.
i did not ask for an apology. i should think that someone looking for answers to come more quickly than his alliance can provide them would be pleased to hear that many questions are already answered in the guides section. reading the guides that others with similar questions have written to help those who come after them might also be considered "what [the forum] is for".

As far as the guides go, I am just now learning to use/find them.
i am pleased to have brought them to your attention.

However, your defamatory editorial statement about "every question you can conceive", is not appropriate for the forums. (read the rules). I have not lived three score and ten and not be able to know a "cut down" when one is thrown at me. This is not an appropriate response to a new player.
i am not yet so bored with the game that i need to resort to cutting down newbs on the forum to entertain myself, so evidently you have. in the future please quote accurately in a public accusation. text doesn't carry tone especially well; if you need to adjust wording to enhance your interpretation, it's possible you've misunderstood the intent.
KingDavid View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingDavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 04:47
I will not respond to inflammatory remarks with more inflammatory remarks. I will drop out of this thread and wish you a nice day. I will also be sure to research "diplomacy" myself so that I will be diplomatic in all my conversations.
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 14:50
"...defamatory editorial..."?

I sense a disturbance in the troll force...

Yea, for real, that reaction was way over blown. 
Bonfyr Verboo
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 15:53

I will not respond to inflammatory remarks with more inflammatory remarks.
but you did, actually, and i'm quite curious how you did it, as your original response referred to the thread as "childish" and me as "your majesty", and now there is no trace of that comment and no edit mark on your post. pretending public comments were never posted (particularly when they are inflammatory) is bad form, imo, but i am intrigued at how you accomplished it.
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 15:58
curiosity satisfied. evidently only the very last post in the thread can be deleted by the poster. well played.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic