illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Commander attack value calculation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrmarcdee View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmarcdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commander attack value calculation
    Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 00:23
According to this: http://https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/170987/Illyriad%20combat%20mechanics.pdf
"The commander base attack (cmdr attack ∗ (1 + 6 ∗ heroism) scales down when you 
have too few troops. The commander base attack can never be more than the total unit base 
attack (base means without the bonuses) 
"

Can anybody provide any further explanation on how this works, particularly with elite divisions and equipment bonuses?

A T2 cav Marshal has 59 attack. A 60-unit division of Marshals BASE attack is 59*60=3540. A L10 Heroism Marshal commander has a base attack of 3599. Does this mean that with a single division army of the commander and 60 marshals, that the commander actually only starts with 3540 attack? 
Then do equipment bonuses get applied on top of this without being scaled down? 
What If I had 2 divisions of troops, lets say 60 in 1, 1 in the other (total of 59*61=3599), and only one commander, will he be scaled down?
What if I had 2 divisions and 2 commanders, would I need 3599*2 worth of troop base attack to not get scaled down, or would they "share"?

I probably have more questions pertaining to this, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Thanks
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 01:29
You are correct. The minimum point level for a full strength commander is 61, not 60 (assuming identical units). If your whole army only has 60 matching units, you can see on the Overview page that your commander(s) will be 1 unit short of full Heroism power.

In your 60+1 example, the commander would be full power. Commanders pull strength from the whole army, not just their division. One of my runerider hunting armies has five commanders, and 15 runeriders in each division. All the commanders are at full strength.

I have always been curious if commander equipment requires additional units in the army over 61 to fill in the extra power. I have always assumed not, but I have never seen conclusive experimental proof. My casual observation suggests that the equipment power is applied directly to the Heroism, and doesn't require additional troops.
mrmarcdee View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmarcdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 01:51
Originally posted by Brandmeister Brandmeister wrote:

You are correct. The minimum point level for a full strength commander is 61, not 60 (assuming identical units). If your whole army only has 60 matching units, you can see on the Overview page that your commander(s) will be 1 unit short of full Heroism power.

What exactly am I looking at on the Overview page? The number I see for the commander's attack value (on the overview page) is equal to the number shown on that commander's page in the heroism section, multiplied by their div bonus (so unit attack * [1+6*10heroism] * 1.1), not any scaled down numbers.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 02:47
Put only 60 matching units in the whole army. The commander's attack value will be less than heroism.
mrmarcdee View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmarcdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 03:45
Oh yes I understand that. I thought you were saying that this less-than-heroism number was being shown on the Overview page somewhere, but I do not see it.

Edited by mrmarcdee - 04 Aug 2015 at 03:56
Ashmadia View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashmadia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 04:33
You have Charge skill leveled up as well, that's why you dont see "3540".
mrmarcdee View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmarcdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 04:38
Oh I see it working now. Must have been brain-fartin' earlier :(

On to my other questions then :)
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 06:01
Yes, the Charge bonus isn't reflected in the commander's Heroism score on the commander screen, even though it really should be.
mrmarcdee View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmarcdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 23:13
Ok I'm in the process of experimenting with attacks trying to figure out how exactly gear bonuses are calculated. Can somebody tell me, do casualties and commander damage always rounds DOWN to the nearest integer? Or is it rounded like normal?
mrmarcdee View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmarcdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 01:59
I keep finding different formulas that will give me the correct results for one battle, but not for others. Frustrating. 

I am trying to think of all the possible options that the bonuses could be calculated in, so I can try them. So let me ask you this, can you think of any possibilities?

The base calculation for commander attack values is : scaled_value * (1+terrain_bonus+division_bonus)
Lets rewrite that as: atk*(1+terr+div)

So how about: atk*(1+terr+div+gear)?      (i.e. gear bonuses added to other bonuses)
or: atk*(1+terr+div)*(1+gear)?                 (i.e. gear bonuses stacked on other bonuses)
or: atk*(1+terr+div) + atk*(1+gear)?       (i.e gear bonus applied to base atk, then added)
other combinations you think would make sense?

Edited by mrmarcdee - 20 Aug 2015 at 03:40
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic