Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LC Vs. DoH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Is a land claim or a declaration of Homeland better?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [25.00%]
20 [41.67%]
6 [12.50%]
10 [20.83%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Nero View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 20:49
The three biggest problems with Elgea are
1.) Its overpopulated.
2.) Land and crafting res are hard to come by.
3.) Alliances are spread out into each other.

BL was the Dev's solution to the overpopulation of Elgea. LC-ing is, in my eyes, a way to prevent the same problems from Elgea from carrying over to BL. 

Edited by Nero - 20 Jul 2015 at 21:59
Lord Moonpie View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lord Moonpie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 20:29
Now that the dust has cleared from... whatever the hell Stark thinks its doing, and as we await Phoenixfire's execution at the hands of Han, perhaps we can discuss this topic in greater detail.

I agree with Nero and Declarations of Homeland might be a solution for alliances not interested in conflict but interested in the Broken Lands. I think we can agree that Stark doesnt have a DoH, or at least this isnt what a DoH should look like.

So there are a few questions that come to my mind that might help define it.

1. Is a DoH enforceable? If so, unto whom is it enforced and how.

2. Do DoHs have specifically defined borders?

3. Does an alliance claiming a DoH in one area prevent another alliance from claiming DoH in that same area?

4. Can Land Claims and DoHs exist in the same area or are they necessarily mutually exclusive?

5. Can DoHs inhabit No-claim Zones?

Certainly would like as many people to weigh in as possible, especially ajqrtz, who I believe came up with the basic idea initially, and Jejune who of course was the creator god of LCs.
phoenixfire View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoenixfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 23:15
1. No
2. they can as all it is saying is we are settling here. (goes back to number 1)
3. We wont prevent another from declaring a homeland in that overlaps with ours.
4. We will not adhere to a land claim over our homeland and i assume neither would anyone else.
5. As we will not adhere to a land claim over our DoH you can make one we just wont listen to it.

Edited by phoenixfire - 21 Jul 2015 at 23:16
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic