illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

On the Demise of DARK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On the Demise of DARK
    Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 09:38
I was surprised to note that The Dark Empire [DARK] has been vacated, and that there has been no official word about it here in the forums (unless maybe I'm missing it). With only 2 1/2 members left, it's safe to say that DARK is no longer in existence. 

I don't really have any geo-political ruminitations about it, as I am not privy to the reason why. However, I thought it was worth noting that DARK was an "old" alliance, having been founded in June of 2011, and had been involved in several major wars and conflicts. From the bit I know, it was an alliance that passed through several generations of leadership and active players, and remained a "brand" of significance in the game for at least as long as I have been playing (since August of 2012). 

Again, I don't know the reasons for the abandonment of DARK -- I'm sure there are some that the ex-leadership considered to be worthwhile enough to do something like this. However, I think it's a shame that this generation of DARK players so easily let go of DARK. Regardless of what people think about the alliance, brands like DARK, H?, VIC, Crow, NC, etc. have come to mean something in the game due to their actions and/or their longevity. As a gaming community, it's good to build new alliance brands, of course, but I also think we should be careful not to just throw the old ones away -- especially when they mean something to the history of the game.

auel View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 14:50
Well you now have Dark Shade and Darker Shade.  

I think the story here is probably about personalities and internal tensions.  If those concerned want to keep it to themselves we should just respect their feelings.

Josiah
Halcyon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Halcyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 15:38
There was intenral strife in Dark and many old members felt that there was no other option but to leave and form New Dark - this happened about 3 weeks ago.
Since then we were approached by the good people of Shade and offered a full partnership merger. After some thought we decided that we must not pass on such a generous and friendly offer. So New Dark is merging with Shade.
While I hold the name of Dark very dear, an alliance is much more then a name. An alliance is mostly about the people (like most things in life) and the people who made Dark are mostly still all together continuing to work as a team and function as a family. We see this merger as expanding our family to include more members in both Dark Shade and Darker Shade.
I choose not to comment on the death of our parent alliance, the once glorious Dark Empire. Empires rise and fall. May she rest in peace.
For the glory of Dark Shade and Darker Shade!

Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Damage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 05:16
Simple enough
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 19:42
Henceforth they shall be known as the "50 shades of Dark" confederation.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 00:42
Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

I was surprised to note that The Dark Empire [DARK] has been vacated, and that there has been no official word about it here in the forums...
i seem to remember Peace ending in much the same, quiet way.
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Damage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 05:27
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

I was surprised to note that The Dark Empire [DARK] has been vacated, and that there has been no official word about it here in the forums...

LolThumbs Up
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 15:45
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

I wouldn't say so ... didn't the two Peace leaders self-destruct .?. Cry

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic