Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Farewell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kompanion View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kompanion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Farewell
    Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 20:25
I will soon be abandoning this game and wanted to take the opportunity to wish all my friends and foes the best in life. I have had an opportunity to come to know some great people in this game.

This whole nesse/odd thing was the final straw for me.

I  have witnessed, experienced, or read about numerous bugs which players have experienced after spending real money for prestige only to have petitions go unanswered.

There has been content which was supposed to be developed but never gets delivered. Roads was even founded under a premise that roads would be developed.

This post is not to flame the devs or rip on anyone, but only to say farewell as well as to point out as firstly stated, that there are some great people in this game. Some of those people have not been treated as valuable customers.

Other players, after spending a great deal of time developing relationships and working to make this game a fun experience have been demonized by the devs. I am not sure what better word to use.

I am sure they wanted only to justify there actions to this community, but it sure seemed like a public shaming to me.

Please, start placing some value on this great community and put more energy into customer service and developing new content. Perhaps less energy into policing the forums and more energy into customer service and development.

With that off my chest, thanks for developing a game with such promising content and allowing players to experience the game. There definitely was some great creative energy that went into the development of this game and it still has much promise.

My time in illy is coming to an end,
Kompanion
Lwyllyn View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lwyllyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 21:53
Illy is missing too many players already. Pillars of the GC community. Whether you love 'em or hate 'em, it does get noticed when a 2 or 3-year vet shuts GC off. It does get noticed when the word (abandoned) appears after our names.

I have met many folks here that have become friends in RL and elsewhere in cyberspace. I met them in GC, even. I have joined forces with some, debated with some, argued with some, and even bit a few. The point is, whether 5 players are chatting or 500, each one of us makes a mark on somebody. And when a player is treated unfairly, it affects everybody.

Kompanion, I would be one of those who say 'sad to see you go', but I, too, am weary of the arbitrary censorship and hypocritical justifications. My decision came when, after finding out about my favorite Weirdo getting banned, I asked whether the decimation of our community was intentional. Though I did not violate any CoC or ToS, I was arbitrarily silenced. When Pink Wizard asked, "why did you silence my alt?", the answer was a chat silence. No explanation. Just censorship.

Submit a petition, you say? Let's not go there. Write to the boss? Not there, either. So, I have but one option left: add my voice to the growing chorus of "fare thee well."

My empire is, was, and shall be property of [TFotR]. Contact Chris G for answers.
Hiei View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 22:03
Farewell Kompanion. It was good to have you with us. Clap

Edited by Hiei - 21 Nov 2014 at 22:08
Daefis View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daefis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 22:59
Sorry to see you go as so many others.....
They say patience is a virtue but then there's Illy :)
All the best
D
The Duke View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 23:21
Komp- As a fellow veteran in the game I have to echo some of the same sentiments. A few months back I had all intention of leaving illy, gave away most of my res ect and then my brother who also plays asked me to stick it out and continue playing and that's the sole reason I'm still here. I Hate to see you exit stage left, but cant blame you either. Ill miss our companionship, but I have you in skype so we can stay in touch. Best of luck to you and your future endeavors.

On a side note- My goods were all given away freely. Millions and millions in gold, hundreds of thousands in adv res. I havent used any exploit ever. Just for clarification since we are suppose to question gifts now according to those in power
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 03:47
Hey Ko... you know I'll miss you. Do take care.
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 04:08
Komp, this is a sad day for the game, indeed.   You will be missed.     I wish you the very best that life can offer.     
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 06:46
Komp and Lwyllyn, have fun in whatever you decide to do next. I may join you one day in being an ex-Illy player, instead of semi-retirement as it is now.
Binky the Berserker View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Binky the Berserker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 10:34
Originally posted by Kompanion Kompanion wrote:

This post is not to flame the devs or rip on anyone, but only to say farewell as well as to point out as firstly stated, that there are some great people in this game. Some of those people have not been treated as valuable customers.

saying farewell could be done a lot shorter; you're doing what you say your post isn't about.
IbnSenna View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IbnSenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 11:47
nice way to phrase it, Komp — all the more a pity to see you going!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic