FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Demise of Training Alliances

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 04:43
I was not privy to any conversations in which the neutrality of Toothless? was an issue in the last war.  I was not in the leadership group, so it's possible I missed something.

Certainly some members of NS were pretty blatantly partisan and the leader's alt was directly involved in the war, but so far as I know, no NS players took in-game action while in the alliance that were not neutral.

I think there were similar concerns expressed by the other side about TOR-U members; again so far as I know there were not any in-game actions directly in support of the war.

It has generally been Toothless? position (as prescribed to me when I was a member) that their neutrality includes not voicing an opinion that took either side of a conflict, that is, not even presenting the appearance of partisanship; other training alliances do not necessarily observe that constraint.

While I can see the rationale for T?'s stance in terms of members expressing opinions, it can be very difficult to implement in practice, and I don't think it's strictly necessary to observe for a training alliance to be considered neutral.  It seems like that sort of thing is best left to the alliance's leadership.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic