Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The latest RTSguru dev blog: art teaser!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The latest RTSguru dev blog: art teaser!
    Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 20:58
Check out the latest dev blog over at RTSguru.com --- it features GM Cerberus and some fantastic new teaser art! 

Pretty slick, huh?

GM Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Arctic55 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arctic55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 21:05
Cool! Teaser art? Not really unless its art for some new building on the map or a new race. But at anyrate, it was elightening.
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 22:16
I think what Rikoo is suggesting is that it IS the art for something new.  The city looked distinctly like the art for a player town, they build up like that in a pretty unique way.  The (destructible?) tower looks pretty interesting.  Wonder what that's for?
Wolfgangvondi View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfgangvondi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 23:41
Actually, for the ones whit low experience in this stuff, i think is pretty interesting to see the process used to deal whit very small pictures and the the art of the different tiers. 

I also use the little trick of having an second window whit the art in small size, to get instant feedback when working in the piece. Sure beats dumping a lot of work in one piece to just realize to late that its does not look good when its resided in an smaller format.  

Edited by Wolfgangvondi - 11 Aug 2014 at 23:42

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 02:01
Looks like faction hubs to me.
Neytiri View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neytiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 22:55
I don't know. . . walls, additional buildings. . . It looks like a city icon to me.
Could be new city icons are on the way.  It might be nice for cities to look different based on their region.
"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')
Consul Zynot View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Consul Zynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2014 at 02:51
New city building styles would be AWESOME! boring  with same old buildings
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 00:20
OOOOO give us choices!! What do I want my castle to look like! ooooo .. agreed need some BRIGHT NEW looking stuff.
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic