illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

History of Crow Alliance Founding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 09:31
The Scribes are mildly puzzled by the idea that they can change their ancient script, which has been effective for generations.

They have occasionally heard of scripts written by mechanical instruments, and when writing the shorter alliance names, they innovated with their best efforts to reconstruct something from vague descriptions and rumour. I think they did quite a good job there.

Despite this seemingly unstoppable pride in their work, they say that they will consider any options of convincing merit.
Wolfgangvondi View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfgangvondi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 16:30
Just love it. well done human.

And looks really good.

Just one thing... lets see if i can explain... is rather simple but don't know how to put it by words.
for example the Vcrows look like the ended in the year 2. cuz they don't extend to year4.
is just an detail. but the ones not used to see such complicated human documents, can lead to the mistake that the alliances that are not extendent to year 4 have already ended.

did i already said that looks realy good?

Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 16:44
Originally posted by Wolfgangvondi Wolfgangvondi wrote:

... Vcrows look like the ended in the year 2. ...
Yes, that's an issue I grappled with: "no continuation" doesn't necessarily mean "terminated there".

(1) This 'graph' omits these continuities, unless a change occurs. If we were to have all current alliances continuing (on the graph) into Anno 4 and beyond, we'd need to reconcile some tricky paths, and inevitably, some would cross, which makes things unclear.

(2) Also, the branching (splitting) is not time-accurate; emphasis is on getting the merges correctly timed. e.g. if you see footsteps from an alliance, spanning 1 year, it doesn't mean those players have walked alone for a year. A graph of 'where people were' would look different, and probably less pretty.
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 13:29
A few more changes have come through recently - update due soon™
Wolfgangvondi View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfgangvondi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 00:21
Hum.. Yes.. the Cross of paths can make things over complicated... : /

but, mybe theres some way to easy up the reading of that.. mybe making one of the paths do an half circle when it cross another path.. in that way would be easy to not mistake the flow of the to lines....

anyway. great job, as it is now. : )

Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 03:44
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Originally posted by lethargic0N3 lethargic0N3 wrote:

Without trying to be too picky... I don't think there has really been any migration to or from other Crow alliances that would have involved Calcr in the forming of other wings.  They should really be on their own branch as far as I know from Calc to Calcr

Both HUGcr and nCrow have benefited from the wisdom of alts and players from our wingbrothers in Cala as part of development of those alliances.

Perhaps HUGcr should not have a direct line from mCrow but start out independently -- although heavily influenced by mCrow, HUGcr like Calaquendi and Kaendran Crows started as an independent alliance with Crow affiliations and only became Crow later in its history.  That may seem trivial to outsiders, but the decision for HUGS to become Crow was significant for HUGS, as Crows -- mCrow, Crow and Cala - provided support and guidance and were at least partially responsible for the continued survival of the alliance through supplying experienced players when Fluffy had to step back from his leadership role due to school involvement.

Folks from HUGcr can correct any aspect of this that they feel is incorrect.  Ryelle was deeply involved in that aspect of HUGS' history, but I don't want to speak for them.

If you wanna be really picky - the founder of Hugs came from H? and then T?/T2?  :) 

Does that make you my granddaddy, KP? Tongue
Shimrod View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shimrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 21:26
I thought this deserved a bump. At least for those who haven't seen it and might be interested
Lord Stanley View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 17:17
Not sure if it's only me, but the photo in the original post does not show up so I am posting again here.

Edited by Lord Stanley - 27 May 2018 at 17:19
//elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/b/309517/av.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic