Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Age of Ascent playtest today, 4/5 at 8 GMT!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Age of Ascent playtest today, 4/5 at 8 GMT!
    Posted: 05 Apr 2014 at 20:30
To join our playtest at 8 GMT/3 CDT, go to www.ageofascent.com and it will load you in automatically. Or, watch the livestream at http://www.twitch.tv/luna_illyriad !

GM Rikoo

Edited by GM Rikoo - 05 Apr 2014 at 20:30
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
LadyLuvs View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyLuvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 18:57
Why is this Age of Acent stuff being posted on the Illyriad forum?  Don't they have their own forum?  
LadyLuvs
Raven, Murder of Crows Alliance
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 19:01
Yes, but we will cross-post as they are both Illyriad Games games, and players will come from both communities.

GM Rikoo
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 19:17
Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

Yes, but we will cross-post as they are both Illyriad Games games, and players will come from both communities.
Seconding this - I think many illy players have noticed an increased influx of new players into illy in the last six weeks, and the reason for that is almost entirely down to cross-promotion from Age of Ascent.  New players in illy are a good thing, and are a small example of just one of the many ways in which the games can help each other - even outside shared technologies and shared codebases.

Regards,

SC
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 18:38
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

Seconding this - I think many illy players have noticed an increased influx of new players into illy in the last six weeks, and the reason for that is almost entirely down to cross-promotion from Age of Ascent.  New players in illy are a good thing, and are a small example of just one of the many ways in which the games can help each other - even outside shared technologies and shared codebases.

Regards,

SC

I think that more of them are for that Ultima game that got scrapped, but if you say so then you should take into account that making people test TWO games at the same time then it is less likely for them to stick with any of them.

The reasons for this are because most people :
- Do not have too much time for two games
- Do not have enough patience for learning the ins and outs of two immersive games
- Cannot be expected to participate in a beta game and in an "under development" game at the same time

Cross advertisement is a good idea for different commodities (e.g. sports sweaters and sneakers), not similar ones.

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2014 at 06:18
I liked the improvements you made in todays playtest, but it did get confusing at times to see other crafts. Will there be an option to turn on/off that globe-like feature with all the lines in it? I'm guessing it's a type of tracking device.

Edit - I just went to AoA site and watched the video on the Tactical Map, that is the 'globe-like feature' I mentioned.

Edited by Epidemic - 20 Apr 2014 at 06:42
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic