Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grandpa... tell us about the war

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 08:43
Another smaller story this time with a slight different name :

Two alliances vs 1 player

Having already a siege from vCrow and VICX pounding on the buildings of one city (everything landed at night and didn't really watch that), I noticed that another siege in a different town was going to land in my first town from Dittobite, the head vCrow so I thought I might look things up this time ...

A couple of early occupation forces, I decided to take out, unlike other times, since the siege was coming near, but the timing didn't seem to be any good ... I do not know why they did that since they did have scout reports from my towns and they should have known that I still had some troops left, mostly pikemen though.

Before the siege, finally two large occupations hit the same spot, so more or less I knew the point of the siege, but I waited in case by some weird mistake it landed on another point ... it didn't.

Out went the scouts.
In came the reports
out I sent the pikemen BEFORE the knights, because it turned out that all the units gathered there didn't have a lot of spear defense ...

So, I time my attacks like this : Pikemen - knights - knights - pikemen for the final clear.

At that point I was a bit late in sending all of these because I was reading scout reports and checking the other siege as well ... so, 20 minutes after finally sending everything I perceived an incoming on the map going at 2-3 arrows !

I counted the map tiles again and again as time went by ... my knights were faster, my pikemen where slower than that so the last and conclusive attack was going to hit at the same time as the incoming. I HAD to watch that show, despite the very late time Smile

First and second hit came and went confirming that for a small margin I would definitely need the 4th attack ... 3rd attack lands and only 1 catapult is left in the siege ! SO CLOSE and both of the other forces are over the spot ...

I counted the last 20 seconds one by one ... and my pikemen hit first ( I think around 10 seconds earlier than the reinforcements ! Thumbs Up)

Down went Dittobite's siege
Up went the occupation force
Out went my city which I moved a bit east to avoid their follow-up siege, but mostly for fun, because they will eventually re-send a siege even there Tongue

TOWN SAVED !!! ... for now ... and the score to the 2 alliances vs 1 player tale, went to 2-2 Big smile ... also for now, since they are sieging two towns of mine atm and even though I still have some troops left, I think that the amount of stunts I can pull off, just ended ... but I think that I had the maximum fun out of both my cities and my troops, anyway Smile

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p
Halcyon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halcyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 12:32
Originally posted by Starry Starry wrote:

So thank you all for your visit, unconventional as it may have been, and please don't forget to give us good reviews on TripAdvisor!

I can't honestly recommend this hotel.
Starry's welcome leaves a lot to be desired.
Ouch
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 15:38
Congrats on another defense Deranzin.  Amusing stories by both you and Starry adding colour to this thread.
jcx View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 09:52
As a newbie warrior playing in the actual war gives me Adrenaline Rush plus a good night sleep.

Seeing tons of incoming from all directions was absolute Fun and Excitement.

I joined H? to test what I've learned in my 11 months stay in Elgea.. being in the battle field attacking, dodging, thieving, etc. is a test of endurance while keeping your troops alive, unloading them, saving a better city and live to fight another day.

So keep you Swords sharp and lace up - this is a game, so lets have fun. LOL
Disclaimer: The above is jcx|orcboy's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of Harmless? [H?] or of the little green men that have been following him all day.

jcx in H? | orcboy in H?
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumomoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 04:57
In keeping with the story telling, one of our members has one he wanted me to share with you all...

As many of you know, our neighborhood down around the Great Lake in Tallimar that many of us call home has had a few new neighbors... Several of the folks who are at war with us have settled there, including a few that have new ones that we can only surmise were created for the war (who names their alliance "cash"???)...

Well... in the name of neighborhood friendliness, I sent a few folks to welcome one of our new neighbors... I guess they sort of crowded the city, because they were obviously mistakenly run down by a group of folks racing horses by some guy who, rather daringly, named himself "Danger Russ". He must be referring to his traffic habits!

Regardless, our member decided to go visit this fast driver to say hi and saw that he had, besides quite a few fast driving cavalry, 452 welcome torches for us shaped like Catapults and Ballistas. Needless to say, we were completely grateful for the amazing display they made when they burned! We have never, in my experience, seen that many siege engine shaped torches go up in one visit in the history of Illy!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic