Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCrafted Equipment Usage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: How extensively do you use or plan to use crafted equipment?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [10.53%]
22 [28.95%]
42 [55.26%]
4 [5.26%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Tordenkaffen View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 13:46
Who said everything has to be easy? We are not all children you know, and there is a point to things taking some effort in the game.
"FYI - if you had any balls you'd be posting under your in-game name." - KP
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 17:55
Originally posted by twilights twilights wrote:

sounds like u are already limiting using these items due to the time it takes to make these changes...its too time consuming...it takes away from player interaction, it need to be made easier to use so its not tedious with click click click and massive charts

Your conclusion about my usage of crafted items is completely incorrect. I don't switch gear often because there are some very obvious optimal setups. For example, T2 spears with reinforced armor. What else would I switch it to? I don't use my defensive units to hunt, and I don't equip my hunting armies because I don't want to lose items. I already stated my typical commander setups, which are very effective. Those take a minute or two.

You must use equipment very differently than me. Why don't you explain what you're doing that requires so much switching around?
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 01:21
I see a crossover point, where equipment might be useful for regular troops, but it's difficult to reach.

When you have reached your maximum maintenance budget on an army, and want to make it stronger without incurring more maintenance cost, then adding equipment will do that for you. But I imagine you'll have spent a few months building that army up, and many cities' worth of output to obtain the equipment.
Arctic55 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 04:14
I use crafted armor in important battles, other than that, I only use it for elite divisions.
Meagh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 04:37
I enjoy using crafted items on small elite units where they make the most difference. These units are usually my hunting parties that I send out to gather more materials for crafting. Something about having an elite group of tier 1 cav with an attack of 70+when hunting npcs makes it worth it.

I also have my main pvp army equiped... After spending the time and resources on it.. it brings me comfort to know that my Stalwarts can hit harder and faster than almost any other infantry in the game. This brings added security to my cities since I know that many players may have me beat when it comes to numbers.

So in after thought... I think equipment can be an equalizer for players... If you do not focus on that 7 tiled food square (as I haven't), you can still get an equitable troop by the use of equipment... and it keeps me busy. - M.

ps - sry for the rambling nature of my post :P

Edited by Meagh - 28 Aug 2013 at 04:39
Sloter View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 10:06
There are some uses for weapons especially now when price of materials has fallen down.It is not hard as it was to have 30k-40k t2 archers equiped with vanguard armor or 50k t2 spears with reinf leather armor.Most interesting weapons are those that can be made 24/7, for exmp light bow for elfs which only have 3% bonus but over 1000 can be made per day if player sets his production right.Some infantry weapons are good also for their fast production ability.

Divisions are useful especialy for defending.Player with 10 cities can for exmpl field 8000 t2 spears in divisions with double weapon bonus, lets say reinf armor and pike which would give 80% bonus not counting comm division or wall or terrain bonuses (4 comms from each city, one comm to lead main body of defending army) and if few players from same alliance do same they would made efectiv anti-cav wall of spears.

Player under siege can use his troops from sieged town to attack siege with division only every 4-6 minutes if he has right troops (he just needs to make new comms after each attack) or another player from his alliance with city close to siege can do same.
Llyr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 16:02
Originally posted by Sloter Sloter wrote:

Player with 10 cities can for exmpl field 8000 t2 spears in divisions with double weapon bonus

The "double bonus" only applies to elite divisions, which are limited in size. For spears the limit is 200 (100 for bows, 150 for swords, 60 for cavalry). Also each elite division must have its own commander of the same unit type. So one army could have five elite divisions of spears for a max of 1000 with double bonus, but each division would also need a spear commander. Do that in 10 cities and you have a total of 2000 elite spearmen for your entire account; not much of a threat to anyone.

The elite divisions are useful for small, single-division armies (which I use to occupy resource squares). They're basically useless for a large army with one commander; in that case you'd probably want all troops in one division so they can all take advantage of the commander's bonuses.

Edited by Llyr - 28 Aug 2013 at 16:06

Sloter View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 16:31
Elite division does not need comm of same type as troops.

When i said 8000 spears i had in mind 4 divisions per city which would use 4 comms, which is 800 spear units per city and 8000 for 10 cities, if they have reinf leather armor each gets bonus of 48% against cav.Still does not look like much but if you can get 4-5 players to do the same than it is something.Never consider armies as something individual but as part of your entire alliance armies.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 18:26
Sloter is right. The troops in a division are elite if the research is complete, they are the same class, they are below the required number, and they have a commander (of any type). If you want the commander to be elite as well, then the commander must also be the same class as the troops. There are many legitimate deployments where the commander type is irrelevant, although most of them are defensive.
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 15:18
the best combo is mixture of elite with common...with the right type commander i was killing massive amounts of cav with right settings using combinations of t1 and t2 spears
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic