Topic ClosedAlliance Cap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grendel View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alliance Cap
    Posted: 14 May 2010 at 15:19
Maybe I am oblivious to this fact that this is the case.
If not I believe that the number of members in an alliance should be capped to around 40. Alternativly it should be possible to pay gold to upgrade to 30-50 members or something.

This is to avoid powerhouses which are untouchable to lesser alliances and players.

This instigates conflict and makes the game more about war and less about farming. It is no fun when the biggest ones dominate the entire game and the only option is to be killed or assimilated. I never liked Borg (Star-Trek).

Smile

Wuzzel View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 17:11
There is an alliance member cap of 100.
5x level of consulate max 20 = 100

And no alliance is dominating this game.
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 17:43
You must realize that in-game alliance caps do not place any real boundaries on the scale of actual single operations.  It is a trivial matter for a single actual alliance to operate multiple in-game alliances, and the in-game division has no effect other than to obfuscate identification of the real powerhouses and serve as convenient division of alliances into subgroups based on either region or operational parameters.

Neither will it matter.  The real caps placed on an alliance are social and meta-game induced.  Size begets bureaucracy and internal conflict.  The largest alliance won't necessarily be the most successful one, but more likely the one with the highest percentage of mature, responsible players and the best audience/strategy-appropriate governmental structure.

...and I haven't even mentioned issues of diplomacy and the impact of intra-confederacy relations among alliances that are completely distinct and separate.

Edited by HonoredMule - 14 May 2010 at 17:46
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic