Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGoodbye Illy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Loud Whispers View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 20:02
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

1) VICX joined the war voluntarily.  Peaceful players should not remain in alliances that join wars unless they are prepared to fight.

2) VICX as part of Consone should have no difficulty mustering a defense of any member towns.  If Alfas's cities were defenseless, it was because Consone abandoned him.

3) When I was attacked and my alliance refused to render aid, I quit that alliance and took a break from Illy, too.  Working hard to advance an alliance that does not reciprocate is very disheartening.

It sounds to me like Consone betrayed Alfas by failing to defend him.
Originally posted by Southern Dwarf Southern Dwarf wrote:

I just thought I would have found a game which just not would turn into a 08/15 wargame. I was wrong obviously and will now leave. If my alliance is unable to take my account over I offer it to anyone interested in magic and mysteries and totally unrelated to the . . . in H? who just wish to turn Illy in said wargame. 

Goodbye Ily. So much wasted potential.
This sounds like someone who feels betrayed by their own alliance to you? This sounds like a pacifist who wasn't ready for the consequences to you? The very fact that getting out of the war is apparently as easy as declaring to both sides you're staying out of the conflict is enough to know that it's probably best to not go on, and on, and on, and on and on in a farewell thread about something that Alfas made no allusions towards.

The attempts to discredit the oppositions instead of hearing out what they have to say are getting rather worn out and overused. If you're going to use lies as excuses to insult someone you really shouldn't then go on to do the exact same thing you're blaming strawmen for.

Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

...Taking a parting cheap shot at your enemy for actions that he or she chose that have consequences, just because he/she is losing has an amazingly diminutive effect on the sympathy factor...
I suppose Kumomoto is right, taking parting cheap shots at your enemy for actions they chose has a rather good knack for diminishing sympathy.

You are at war. Whoever leaves as a result of getting razed out of the game has only to blame those who sieged them to begin with - and this is a consequence of war that has to be accepted, not excused. You cannot claim any moral high ground (it's clearly not a good thing), nor have to excuse it to begin with (after all they WERE your enemy). Which begs the question why you feel the need to pretend them getting razed by you is some grave misdemeanor that excuses you insulting and disrespecting people like this - to say you're against bullying when you do so yourselves, is just plain wrong.

I have seen people on these post nothing but rhetoric again and again, insult every perceived slight from legitimate statements and even people actively trying to get others in Illy to leave. It is rather worrying to see the moral guardians of Illyriad apparently abandon all sense of their morality.
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 20:35
errrrrrrrrrr. i play for fun...and it shame he left, i totally disagree with his playing style and i know he didnt like mine but arent all these conclusions and responses just verbal warfare, we playing fantasy  land game, why cant everyone just be silly and play the game, and let this rest...dance dance...glares at all her enemies and plots against them
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 20:40
Originally posted by Loud Whispers Loud Whispers wrote:

You are at war. Whoever leaves as a result of getting razed out of the game has only to blame those who sieged them to begin with - and this is a consequence of war that has to be accepted, not excused. You cannot claim any moral high ground (it's clearly not a good thing), nor have to excuse it to begin with (after all they WERE your enemy). Which begs the question why you feel the need to pretend them getting razed by you is some grave misdemeanor that excuses you insulting and disrespecting people like this - to say you're against bullying when you do so yourselves, is just plain wrong.

I have seen people on these post nothing but rhetoric again and again, insult every perceived slight from legitimate statements and even people actively trying to get others in Illy to leave. It is rather worrying to see the moral guardians of Illyriad apparently abandon all sense of their morality.
 What does this mean?

No one has been sieged out of Illy.  That requires all towns to be razed and then recurring attacks on the New Settlement respawn.  That has not occurred in this war to any player.

Cry babies have threatened to quit.  I say "Quit then."

Cry babies have quit and had little tantrums on their way out.  I say "Good Riddance."

Consone started this war.  Win, Surrender, or die are the only 3 ways it will end.  Consone ain't winning.  Consone ain't surrendering.  And several members of Consone have chosen to quit Illy rather than join their brethren in a fight to the death.   That is their choice.

Here is how Consone has behaved in this war:

Personal Insults from Leadership against me in mails, GC, and the forums.  I have had to submit many petitions.  It appears that players are now being suspended for personal abuse.

Several Consone have mailed me threatening RL suicide of one of their members unless RES quits the war.  One even said "paramedics have been called."

Now Consone is down to the metagame tactic of players quitting Illy because Consone is losing so somehow this is "destroying Illy."

Consone should not have started a war that it can not bear to lose.
Loud Whispers View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 20:53
Semantics. You raze, cripple or render useless towns with siege encampments from a player until the point where they deem it worthless to continue, they have been sieged out the game.

Consone started this war.  Win, Surrender, or die are the only 3 ways it will end.  Consone ain't winning.  Consone ain't surrendering.  And several members of Consone have chosen to quit Illy rather than join their brethren in a fight to the death.   That is their choice.
Then if you want that stop making comments about how Consone don't want peace. I wouldn't speak for them and I dare say the people they're fighting would make better spokespersons.
Be sincere about your dealings as you are now.

Personal Insults from Leadership against me in mails, GC, and the forums.  I have had to submit many petitions.  It appears that players are now being suspended for personal abuse.
Be that as it may I have only ever seen people from the coalition's side deal out the insults on the forums. This thread alone is testament to that. Someone also happens to be pressuring people into quitting. You wouldn't know who that is would you?

Several Consone have mailed me threatening RL suicide of one of their members unless RES quits the war.  One even said "paramedics have been called."
And this is what I mean. There is no way to verify if this is true or not and in any case this is something incredibly sensitive if it were true. Something I would have never brought up here and immediately sorted out with the persons involved and them alone, instead of showboating it in the forums for some sick publicity stunt.

Now Consone is down to the metagame tactic of players quitting Illy because Consone is losing so somehow this is "destroying Illy."
And we're back to the strawmen.

I swear this is honestly beyond horrible. The whole issue here is that you feel it's ok to insult and harass Consone players because they're... Losing?
You're bullying for what?

Edited by Loud Whispers - 04 Jan 2013 at 20:55
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 21:10

Semantics. You raze, cripple or render useless towns with siege encampments from a player until the point where they deem it worthless to continue, they have been sieged out the game.

Southern Dwarf has not had a single siege encampment on any town of which I am aware.

"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Daefis View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 21:12
Please close this thread. It's a disgrace....
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 21:13

There is no way to verify if this is true or not and in any case this is something incredibly sensitive if it were true. Something I would have never brought up here and immediately sorted out with the persons involved and them alone, instead of showboating it in the forums for some sick publicity stunt.

What about when that person is posting it in GC in an attempt to garner sympathy and appear as the victim.  That's the sick and twisted part of this.  Refusing to stand for that kind of emotional blackmail is the only way to deal with it.

You are so blinkered by your prejudices you cannot see how hypocritical all your comments are.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 21:15
Ok this discussion is inappropriate and I will be closing this thread. Any attempts to re-open it will be closed down as well.

GM Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic