Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMarket Visibility AND Trade ability

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Market Visibility AND Trade ability
    Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 14:01
Actually we can send a trader from city A to an hub and gain visibility over it.
But visibility is only granted to city from where we sent the trader.
Also it is not possible to trade directly from another city to the hub, even if we have a trader there (from another city).

Moving goods from and to hubs is also very very hard. You have to send vans to the hubs, then command bunch of them to move items. Moving items from an hub to another is a mess, and even if you can buy multiple traders, thinking to have them on more than 2-3 hubs, is practically not that useful.

I think trading will never fly with all those trouble. It hasn't and we are ? two months from release?

Proposal:

1. Once we have a trader in an hub, we should be able to see that hub, from all cities, and we should be able to directly trade with it from any of our cities. We should be able to partially fill any hub orders in that hub from any city, directly or by the hub.

2. Once we have traders in more than one hub, we should be able to move goods from one hub to others WITHOUT use of our own vans. May be for a fee, we should be able to order movement of goodies from one hub to another, at very fast speed, and with fully safety. Personal vans should only be needed to send or receive items from/to hubs to/from cities. 

May be other adjustment will be needed, but those two I think are essential to shake the market and revive it.  Local markets are now too much trouble to manage, and even when you see something to sell, probably you have the item in another hub.

Removing the global city order visibility could help, or hit the market for the total death.
hellion19 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 14:12
I am a little against the first idea for a different reason. I actually use the other towns to help get rid of the hubs further from me. If I am at my trade city I get a ton of stuff at the market but when at my other towns I only see local stuff which helps me sort through things a tad. My main trading city has a lot more visibility than the others do and the only 2 options are to "Visible trade hubs (or) towns only" which doesn't give me the same view as going to another town.

2nd proposed idea would be fantastic though. Again the current trade system is still quite limiting for a number of different reasons and that may free up a few things but simply put there is not enough vans for any of this.
EvilKatia View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 17:51
Good idea JJ currently I am not trading as much as I coudl or would plain not enough vans to send the stuff to my trade city and to fulfill the demands of my alliance members either this or a lot more vans that would help a lot
Kat

'They have to always turn a forum post into a badly written book that gives a headache and takes your iq points' - AO
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 18:56
I support both ideas, and if you just want to see the local hubs.  Just select one of the local hubs.  Each city only has visibility to a couple hubs easier to cycle through those then cycle through cities all the time.  Not to mention the fact that if trader visibility is shared you can now use all your vans instead of having to only use 70 vans.  

IE if I want to buy 210000 stone I currently have to have my vans travel from city to hub and back and then ship to the city that needs it.  Rather than just have the city which needs it purchase.  Simply adds another transaction that makes the game more of a pain.  Same goes for any other res, be it 1 res or 210000.  Simple fact is currently you have to ship things around way more than you ever had to with the old system.
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 00:09
JJ qualifies for a +1 abo from me.  The focus town paradigm is a major pain for trade v2.  There are many actions I can do with far too many clicks required to switch the focus town temporarily, e.g., check the Centrum markets while selling / buying / changing prices for traders controlled by towns outside of Centrum visibility.  

Only the limits of buy and sell orders actually depend on the home town of the trader, and even that could be handled implicitly if there's only one trader at the hub.  

If there are two traders from different towns the server needs to know which town's limit of orders shall be used, and in that rare case it could ask instead of forcing all trade actions in the annoying focus town concept.
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 00:16
Originally posted by JimJams JimJams wrote:

it is not possible to trade directly from another city to the hub, even if we have a trader there (from another city).

Unintended "trade visibility" exploit

Ticket NumberCategoryStatusAssigned ToLast Updated
7713GameplayNewUnassigned20/09/2012 23:22:32
Quote: "Strongda's Sell Order for 8/49 [deepsilver] at Centrum at [0|0] in Middle Kingdom has been accepted by dunnoob's [*SKR*] from town Cake harbour" (20 Sep 2012 23:10:33), but Cake Harbour cannot see Centrum. Steps to reproduce: (1) Look up product X at hub Y visible from focus town Z. (2) In another browser tab switch to town C, e.g., check C's inventory for X. (3) Return to product X tab and buy. Result: new focus town C instead of old Z buys X at hub Y.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic