Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAncient Artifacts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 17:18
Winning an alliance artefact in a tournament could be more interesting than victory statues.  And capturing an alliance artefact instead of razing the alliance capital is fine, it reminds me of Kalle Blomkvist.

But actually I hope the next tournament will be in the direction of tournament IV, where individual players down to completely new players could "compete",  or rather, my first commander was killed about a dozen times, it was perfect fun after losing the rainbow.  The alliance artefact idea would be more in the direction of tournament V, and that was boring for folks without alliance or in smaller alliances.
Smoking GNU View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 18:10
I was thinking more that the artifacts would be a type of "discoverable" resource. Possibly among critter remains after killing them. Or possibly your miners discovering them while mining a rare mineral spot (extremely rare).
EvilKatia View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 18:27
thatss a good idea, maybe alliance shoudl have a limit on how many artefacts they can hold at the same time ? 

maybe artefact should have a timer : after 2 weeks being held they disapear back on the map so someone else can pick it up ?

If during the time an alliance has an artefact it cannot be stolen smaller alliance thus wouldnt be attacked. 

People would fight 'on the way' to discover the artefact for ssure thought. once someone grabs it the fight would end....
Kat

'They have to always turn a forum post into a badly written book that gives a headache and takes your iq points' - AO
Smoking GNU View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 18:43
Originally posted by EvilKatia EvilKatia wrote:

thatss a good idea, maybe alliance shoudl have a limit on how many artefacts they can hold at the same time ? 

maybe artefact should have a timer : after 2 weeks being held they disapear back on the map so someone else can pick it up ?

If during the time an alliance has an artefact it cannot be stolen smaller alliance thus wouldnt be attacked. 

People would fight 'on the way' to discover the artefact for ssure thought. once someone grabs it the fight would end....

I already said that. Limit of 1 Major artifact and/or 3 minor ones 
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 19:41
I would think that the artifacts would at first be capturable on the map, through a tournament or maybe just appear like the mines did.  

Maybe the minor artifacts only last so long before they get used up, then you have to go capture them again. 

Also unique artifacts could be awarded during tournaments. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic