Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Zhuhai Faction Hub - a project to shape the market
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedZhuhai Faction Hub - a project to shape the market

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yeesha D'ni View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zhuhai Faction Hub - a project to shape the market
    Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 17:20

Greetings, ... Laoshin and Taomist neighbours, and all other elegian chandlers

I want to share an idea of a project with you...

It's about trying to envive the "Zhuhai Faction & Trade hub"  as it is a nearby hub, with a good (neutral) faction standing for every race.

My vision is to develop a local market on the one hand for us Laoshin and Taomist people, on the other for all other Elegian merchants, that would like to have more blooming trade hubs. 

Maybe, you want to join that idea and send traders and offers yourself, or other mates from your ally or around. At the beginning I do not expect it to be  a real place for big deals, but it could be once, the more traders follow and compete. Maybe it will be a personal tip for a while...

The idea is to decentralize the market, which is mainly happening in Middle Kingdom, and to bring it to other places, as in the long run competition is enviving the trade. Instead of whining about fragmented markets, lesser margin and upcoming updates like reduced market visibility we should try to shape the market, as we want it.

I decided to orientate at the Centrum prices, slightly higher, as I want to encourage people to bid or to undercut. Maybe, you want to give it a try, too. Spread the idea, if you like it. Dispatch traders, set offers, and send the whole range of goods, you hard worked for to gather, trade or craft ...

Résumé: Which could be the benefits of a decentralized market and an eastern trade hub:

• products can be stored and stockpiled easily and nearby
  • by accepting trade offers you assure a quick delivery
  • caravans aren't ages away from home to deliver goods
  • from monopoly to oligopol as a more vivid marketform (competition instead of accepting Centrum hub as a pricemaker for everything)
  • you make market occurence more attractive for smaller players, as they can join the market developments without having own traders
  • social platform in terms of allycrossing cooperation (what I wish, we would have much more)
  • shaping plurality in giving a local market an individual charakter (local products might be cheaper then in far away western border states and vice versa). In other words: regional appearance of goods would get more important
  • being well prepared for coming updates like marketvisibility
  • being the base of possible future trade tournamants

So, give it a try ! Hope to see your ambitious merchants soon ...

Regards, Yeesha

Zhuhai   (846 /229)

Kilotov V2.0 View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 17:33
great idea, it has my full support
may the resident dwarfs of taomist join the hubs to great profit for all the traders!
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 17:41
I like Qi Quien in Laoshin -- aren't they pretty neutral?
Yeesha D'ni View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 17:48
The faction standing is default at the moment, as it gets overworked and redone. And it is has been nearly Zero until now. Talking about this is in my point of view maculation yet.
And: Zhuhai is well positioned for all Laoshin, Taomist and Mal Motsha people, slightly more then Qi Quien.
For sure Zhuhai won't be sufficient for the eastern regions, but a nice beginning of active market shaping.

Edited by Yeesha D'ni - 22 Sep 2012 at 18:04
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 07:09
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I like Qi Quien in Laoshin
Pretty empty, yesterday, but The Barracks in the North was worth it, the second place where I spent millions after Lantellyn in the South.  Last stop Zhuhai, then back home.Smile  

Sadly roaming traders can only buy or accept (non-existent) decent buy orders. Cry
Silverleaf View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 00:50
I am in complete support in helping to develop Zhuhai hub in to a major center of commerce - and will do all I can  to help realize this - up to and including going against my own principles and partaking in an unjust tax system  in order to post -
 And now i ask that the people who are  using the hubs  to help with an issue that is hindering the growth of all hubs  and is hurting legitimate trade at them and all markets in general - That being the tax system - Any system that requires tax to be paid at time of post is unjust - as it hinders growth  and penalizes competition -because  if you lower price to meet competitors - you get nothing back - if you raise prices - you pay more taxes - I personally cannot afford to pay the taxes like this - and to expect one to in such an unstable market smacks of despotism ( theft )   and perhaps even favoritism to the older more established players that can afford to pay the taxes and waste a ridiculous amount of gold if they are forced to change a post in order to compete  -  What i would like is for EVERYONE to write the devs and let them know this is not acceptable and is hurting the growth of the hubs  and the play as it should be with them -I have items that i cannot afford the taxes on to post  because a greedy despot wants the taxes  just for posting   ( regardless of rather  it sells or not  -you pay -THIS IS NOT RIGHT ) - so with that being said - I ask again that all of us take time to write the devs and ask them to change this - they should only be collecting taxes for actual sells -0 not post
RatuJone View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 01:31
Originally posted by Silverleaf Silverleaf wrote:

I am in complete support in helping to develop Zhuhai hub in to a major center of commerce - and will do all I can  to help realize this - up to and including going against my own principles and partaking in an unjust tax system  in order to post -
 And now i ask that the people who are  using the hubs  to help with an issue that is hindering the growth of all hubs  and is hurting legitimate trade at them and all markets in general - That being the tax system - Any system that requires tax to be paid at time of post is unjust - as it hinders growth  and penalizes competition -because  if you lower price to meet competitors - you get nothing back - if you raise prices - you pay more taxes - I personally cannot afford to pay the taxes like this - and to expect one to in such an unstable market smacks of despotism ( theft )   and perhaps even favoritism to the older more established players that can afford to pay the taxes and waste a ridiculous amount of gold if they are forced to change a post in order to compete  -  What i would like is for EVERYONE to write the devs and let them know this is not acceptable and is hurting the growth of the hubs  and the play as it should be with them -I have items that i cannot afford the taxes on to post  because a greedy despot wants the taxes  just for posting   ( regardless of rather  it sells or not  -you pay -THIS IS NOT RIGHT ) - so with that being said - I ask again that all of us take time to write the devs and ask them to change this - they should only be collecting taxes for actual sells -0 not post

+1 Hear hear!!Clap
I'm pretty Harmless, really :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic