Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Larger alliances taking advantage of smaller ones
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLarger alliances taking advantage of smaller ones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Hadus View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 14:46
Well, since The_Dude made it clear they aren't using actual sitters, I can't accuse them of breaking any rules.

But it still doesn't sit well with me that alliances can continue to claim the benefits of a former member after that member has left the game, by any means legal or otherwise. I mean, you presumably already have the advantage of knowing they are leaving before anyone, so you get first dibs on laying siege to their cities and claiming their spots for yourself. If you don't want to do that, that land, in my mind, should be freed up for anyone to contest and claim. What you are essentially doing by RETAINING these inactives is giving a 50-member alliance (as an example) the land ownership of potentially 60+ members while denying that land from active players, depending on how often this retention strategy is applied.

Now, if you're keeping them alive because the members plan on returning, that's a different story, although not completely different.
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 15:26
When they plan to return they should appoint a sitter.  The problem is the opposite, folks not planning to leave, but AWOL for unknown reasons.  At some point the alliance has to decide what it's going to do with inactive players, before the system simply removes their towns including stored goods after 60 or 90 days.

Edited by dunnoob - 15 Nov 2012 at 15:28
Poopnug View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 19:19
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Originally posted by Silverleaf Silverleaf wrote:

that ridiculous mindset that more means better - I often wonder how many of them would actually stand alone- or have the attitude they do if they did not have a murder of crows backing them?? - I give WAY more respect to the smaller alliances tht stand their ground and the players that seek these smaller alliances.  

Interesting comment coming from a player in a Consone alliance.  Last I heard, Consone is substantially larger than Crow.  And unlike Crow, which grew rather organically for the most part as players from established Crow alliances began their own alliances and chose to affiliate, Consone is a group of alliances that began independently and decided to announce a confederated group in order to ... apparently establish that they are a group to be reckoned with.

I have nothing against Consone and respect many fine players in Consone.  I also have nothing against the idea of a group of alliances that "have each others' backs," whether it's Harmless? and DLords, the Crow alliances, Consone, whatever.  I personally think having a large group of friendly players makes that game more fun.

But when one of your members singles out Crows for being a large group of confederated alliances I just have to well ...

LOL

CE is in Consone!?!?!?!....... Rill must have better information sources than I do then!! Last I checked, CE were NOT in Consone. I do not see any mention of CE being in Consone anywhere except for Rills comments in GC and in this forum. I do not see CE's name on the Consone members list. So I think it is pretty interesting that you Rill, are the only person that I have personally seen refer to CE as being in Consone. That could be an assumption of grave proportions if that were true now wouldn't it!? CE is confederated with a Consone alliance, does that make us part of Consone? I wish you would have told me that my alliance was part of the super-fed earlier Rill!.... We all know what happens when we ASSUME things, right kids?! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic