Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBug(ette) Zooming breaks some hover dialogs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Basiclife View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bug(ette) Zooming breaks some hover dialogs
    Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 22:45
I tend to play Illyrium zoomed in (I find the chat text too small when embedded and a little annoying when floating - keeps getting in the way).

When zoomed in, elements near the bottom of the screen with "hover dialogs" cause the dialog to push past the end of the page. The page resizes as expected. Unfortunately, the new content is off-screen and any action to scroll the page moves the cursor off the hover element - causing the dialog to disappear.

See attached screenshot for an example. Note that there's sufficient space for the dialog to appear if it docked above rather than below the cursor (as it does when zoom = 100% and you hover near the bottom of the screen).

Windows 7 x64
Chrome 16.0.912.77 m

Edited by Basiclife - 16 Feb 2012 at 22:59
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 04:55
If your main interest is in fixing chat usability, give Butler a try.  As for this bug, it's always an issue, even at normal zoom--at least for some people, anyway.
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule
surferdude View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 08:40
Originally posted by Basiclife Basiclife wrote:

I tend to play Illyrium zoomed in (I find the chat text too small when embedded and a little annoying when floating - keeps getting in the way).
You can always click the little zoom in icon on the top right of the embedded chat to make the text bigger.
Basiclife View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 02:29
Originally posted by surferdude surferdude wrote:

Originally posted by Basiclife Basiclife wrote:

I tend to play Illyrium zoomed in...
You can always click the little zoom in icon on the top right of the embedded chat to make the text bigger.

True and a good point.
Basiclife View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 02:30
Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

If your main interest is in fixing chat usability, give Butler a try.  As for this bug, it's always an issue, even at normal zoom--at least for some people, anyway.

Thanks - You may be able to see Butler on the RHS of the screenshot. I like the Mailbox tweaks but again find havingthe chat open obscures the screen. My ideal solution mwould be a 1990-style javascript popup chat frame - thyen I could move it to another monitor. 

Than again, I'm just picky :)
invictusa View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 04:00
Or an easy fix(ette)would be to enter hovering from the bottom of the icon as opposed to the top, left, or right.  This works to place the hover description box almost always in complete view.

If that does not work, place (and KEEP) your cursor inside the hover description box and scroll down slowly with your mouse scroll button and/or track pad scroll function.
...and miles to go before I sleep.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic